14

Song for this chapter~ "Renegades" by X Ambassadors

"Love is feeling safe, no matter where you are"
.....................................................................................

"So what's up with you two, why are you so on edge?" Brooke turned to us after we closed the door. I looked at Chloe. She nodded, indicating that we had to tell her. "It was Andy" I sighed. She raised a brow. "What did he do" she said darkly. I showed her the text. She sighed, shaking her head. "You need to go to the police about this" she said. "I can't Brooke. He hasn't actually done anything severe enough to go to the police. They won't do anything about it and if he knows I went to the police, he will most likely kill me" I ranted. "He did break our window" Chloe pointed out quietly. I gave her a death stare. "This is going to get out of hand Dani. You need to do something soon before he does do something to hurt you or someone else" Brooke ordered. I sighed, before nodding. "Give it a little while longer" I insisted, biting my nails out of nerves. I honestly didn't know what to do and deep down I knew Brooke was right. I know for sure he would hurt someone if he knew I did go to the police. I knew what was best right now. At least I think I did. "Anyways, we're over at the guys' house you two wanna come over for a bit?" Brooke asked. "What about the boys?" I frowned, biting my nails anxiously. I hated leaving them alone. Especially during times like this when you never know what could possibly happen. "Dani we both know Bear would tear Andy's head off if he came through that door. They will be fine. Just come and chill" Brooke insisted. I bit my lip anxiously as I watched Chloe fill their bowls and water for the night. I sighed. "Okay" I agreed.

After locking the door and making sure the house was secure, myself, Chloe and Brooke walked up the road to the guys' house. It was huge to say the least, and absolutely stunning. Brooke hopped up the steps to the front door and pushed it open like she owned the place. "I found the children" she announced as we entered through the front door. "Children" Chloe scoffed. "Hey girls" Luke came through a doorway, smiling at us. "Hey Lucas. Where's trouble?" I asked, referring to Laura. He flicked his eyes towards a doorway leading to what I assumed was the living room. I could hear bickering as I approached the doorway, then to see Laura, Michael and Calum on the floor with controllers playing fifa. "Ahh" I chuckled to myself. "They've been at this all evening" I heard Ashton's voice behind me. I blushed at his presence as he stood beside me looking at the trio. "I can only imagine your pain" I chuckled. He laughed. "I spend so much time listening to Calum and Michael by themselves. Laura has just increased the volume by 10" he shook his head. "She is loud full stop it" Chloe rolled her eyes. We all chuckled lightly. "Come in and sit down anyways, we can try distract them soon" Luke led us into the living room where we sat down in the sofas surrounding the oak coffee table in front of the large flat screen TV. Everyone was making small talk while the three in the floor were still screaming at each other over the game, but I was still on edge from that text message. I genuinely didn't know what to do anymore. Constantly worrying about who he might harm or what he might do. It was absolutely eating me inside that Bear and Charlie were home alone right now with the possibility of him breaking another window and hurting them. Or going to my parents' house and doing something there. The possibilities were endless of what Andy is capable of and I think that is what scares me the most. He's not afraid of the law, never has been. "Hey, you okay? You seem kinda out of it" Luke poked me, concern written across his features. I came back to reality, looking around to see everything still the same. Calum, Michael and Laura engrossed in the game while Ashton and Chloe were engaged in a deep conversation about pasta. I rubbed my eyes before sighing. "Yeah, thanks Luke. I'm just very tired" I said. He frowned. "You're sure that's all? You genuinely look panicked about something" he persisted in coming to the bottom of whatever was bothering me. I looked around to see that everyone was still distracted. I sighed before pulling out my phone and showing him the text message. "Keep quiet" I urged him quietly, worried anyone else might sense there was a problem. His eyes widened as he read the text. "Wow" he mumbled before clearing his throat. "Um yeah, this is a bit out of hand" he said calmly but his eyes showed anger and concern."I can't do anything though" I whispered, biting my nails out of anxiety. "You can go to the cops" he hissed. "No I can't" I retorted. Luke looked at the others, a thin line forming on his lips as he sighed. "Come outside so we can talk about this properly" he mumbled as he stood up. "Dani and I are going to turn off the lights outside" Luke announced. "Why do you both have to go it takes one person to turn off lights" Calum pointed out, his eyes not leaving the screen. "I'm scared of the dark" Luke said simply causing us all to chuckle.