4

Song for this chapter-"Beige" by Yoke Lore

"Evenings are life's way of saying that you are closer to your dreams"

...............

I ran upstairs as fast as I could to try and avoid the questions the girls would be asking. I looked at myself in the mirror. My ponytail had become messy, my face was pale and I was super sweaty. God. It's crazy what overthinking does to the body. I grabbed my comfy black cotton shorts and a flowy low neck pink tee before heading to the bathroom to shower and get changed. I stripped my dirty clothes from my sticky body before stepping into the steaming  hot shower, letting the water run down my back, as I felt it soothing my aching muscles. I sighed and began to relax. That night kept replaying in my head like a broken record. To be honest, I feel like it will permanently be there too. Whenever I see him, it all comes rushing back. Despite my drunken state, I remember every single detail. I don't think it matters how drunk you are. When something bad happens to you, it stays with you forever. You pick up on every little detail of what happened. You can remember every touch, every word and every lie. The betrayal is what eats me inside the most. He was meant to be my best friend, my rock. He completely took that all away from me and left me with empty memories of times that meant nothing. I didn't notice I was crying until I felt that first tear on my cheek. Furiously, I wiped it away and finished my shower. I brushed out my wet hair and dried my body before changing. Once I was ready, I took a deep breath and went downstairs. The girls were all sitting around watching a movie. Hearing my presence, Brooke turned to look at me and smiled. "Sit" she ushered me over. I lazily sat down on the couch beside her and began to watch the movie with them. "Are you okay?" She whispered in my ear. I nodded, smiling back at her to try and be as reassuring as I could. "Hey Dani try one of our cookies" Laura pointed to the plate on the table that I hadn't even noticed. I picked one up, taking a bite. My eyes widened. "Wow you guys, these are actually good" I exclaimed. "Thanks we try" Chloe flipped her hair. I laughed quietly as we all continued to watch the movie. I looked to the floor to see Charlie was fast asleep on the rug while Bear was looking back up at me. "Come here" I whispered, patting my leg as he got up and toddled over to the couch to lie across me. I kissed his head, snuggling into his fur as we continued to watch the movie.

"Dani" I could hear someone say as they were shaking me. I opened my eyes to see everyone was gone, even Bear had left my lap. I looked up to see Laura shaking me. "Wakey wakey, we're all outside. We're going  to have a barbecue and maybe film a little acoustic session for the fans" she explained. I nodded sleepily before getting up. "You sure you're okay?" She frowned. I nodded, smiling. "Just a bit tired" I said. "Yeah no shit" she laughed. "By the way you may want to help out here, Brooke is trying to cook with Chloe and you know how that will end out. I'm suprised them cookies worked out the way they did with them two as head chefs" Laura chuckled to herself before going down the hall to the bathroom. I slid the back door open to see Brooke and Chloe arguing over sausages. "Need some help?" I laughed as I approached the girls. "No we got this!" Brooke said confidently as she placed a sausage on the barbecue. "Ah it's going to go on fire!" She shrieked running away. I rolled my eyes and started to take over. "You know what guys? I got this. Chloe maybe go light the fire pit and Brooke you can entertain Bear and Charlie" I said. "Fine" they both agreed. I looked around at our house as I was cooking the food. Myself and Chlo put so much into this place. Despite Chloe's parents leaving her A LOT of money, I worked my ass off at a part time job for ages to get this place the way we wanted it to be. I worked in a music store during the day and a bar at night along with Chloe who also worked in the same bar. When I wasn't working in the music shop, myself and Chloe went out busking and we made quite a lot of money from it. With the help of my parents, we built this wonderful modern house overlooking the ocean. My favourite part was the garden though. When you exit the house through the back door, there is a little section connected to the house with seating and a fire pit. It's one of my favourite parts of the house. It's so comforting. Down the back garden we have a long stretch of grass, perfect for the dogs to run around and play. At the end of our back garden is a pool that stretches the width of the garden. The pool overlooks the ocean. We made sure to plant lots of bushes and trees to make it as nature friendly as possible. The dogs love it. The front garden is a little bit smaller, however it has the same idea with all the plants and shrubs. I was proud of our work. I was taken out of my thoughts by Laura's complaining. "Dani I'm hungry when is it finished?!". "You just ate a load of cookies not even an hour ago" I shouted back. "Girl's gotta eat" she replied as I shook my head.