16

Song for this chapter~"Take Me to the Water" by Alice Gray

"No one looks back on their life and remembers the nights that they got plenty of sleep"

...................................................................................

(A few days later)

After we received the amazing news of going on tour with the boys, we decided to reward ourselves with a trip away to my parents' beach house. I mean, I told them it was just me and the girls. May have forgot to tell them the boys would be coming too. And many other people due to the surprise birthday party we were throwing for Chloe. Oh well, that's besides the point. They won't mind. We were going to keep it a quiet thing with just us girls and a few people from school, however the boys did not care about being found by fans or anything like that and insisted they wanted to join us. So here I was outside Dani's parents' house dropping her off to leave Bear and Charlie with them while we were away for the few days. "You two better behave!" I could hear her scolding the two fluffies as they stared back at her with as much adoration as ever. I tapped my fingers on the steering wheel as I waited for her to finish talking to her mom. Eventually, she began to make her way down the path to the car. Mrs. McCarthy waved over at me. "Hi Brooke!" She shouted over with a smile. I smiled and waved back. Dani opened the car door and got in, sighing. "Right, let's go before she interrogates you about your life plans" Dani panted as I laughed, pulling out of the driveway. "I love your mom" I said as we headed back to Dani's house to pack up everything we needed. "She loves you too, but God she is nosy" she sighed causing me to chuckle. I goin glanced over at her as she gazed out the window with a soft smile on her face. I smiled to myself as I watched her. "How are things with you and Ash?" I asked in attempt to figure her love life out. She turned to me in surprise and scoffed. "What you mean? Things are good I guess. I mean we're just friends" she tried to play it cool causing me to laugh. "Friends, right" I chuckled. She threw her hands in the air in frustration. "I'm serious B!" She complained, trying to hide her own laughter. "Girl, I've never seen you so happy since you started hanging out with him" I pointed out. From the corner of my eye, I could see a light blush creeping onto her cheeks. It was true though. Dani had never been so happy. Well, maybe years ago she was. But ever since things went south with Andy, she spiralled just a little. "Why wouldn't I be happy B? Right now, I've got everything I ever wanted" she said softly. I smiled to myself, keeping my eyes on the road. "Plus we are about to get shitfaced tomorrow night for Chlo's birthday" she yelled in excitement as I chuckled. "Not too drunk though" I scolded slightly, earning an eye roll from her. "And then you ask why I say you're the mom of the group. Loosen up a little. It's Chlo's eighteenth birthday. That's a great excuse to get absolutely hammered" she giggled. I sighed, rolling my eyes with a slight smile on my face. I pulled into Dani's driveway and we hopped out.

"The kids have been dropped off" Dani announced as we walked through the front door. "Amazing" we heard Chloe shout from her bedroom as she continued packing. Myself and Laura had our stuff packed before we came to pick up the girls so I decided to plonk myself on the sofa while the others packed. I pulled out my phone to look through my messages, and smiled once I saw his name.

Hemmings: can you guys hurry up? I want to start drinking like right now :p

Me: not my fault, I've been ready since early morning. Blame Chloe and Dani

Myself and Luke had become very close over the last number of days. I had not told the girls yet, as I didn't want to get my hopes up that anything would happen between us. I've had the slightest crush on him for a while, however I don't think he feels the same. It's hard to judge the situation. Our personalities work so well together platonically but it's hard to tell if anything more could potentially happen after that. I guess life always works itself out, that's what my mom always says. What's meant for me will be.