I watch as Aunt Kitty glares at Mom "Kitten your momma was exaggerating I have three cats and now two kittens a hoarder is someone who is overrun by what they collect".

I nod as I finish eating "When do we leave momma?" I ask unsure.

She wipes her mouth with a napkin "Your Aunt Kitty helped us get a car that can take us and fit Croc comfortably for the trip".

I nod as Aunt Kitty clears her throat "I have also ensured you will have a home that's hidden on swamp land so Croc has that area and I will be coming once I've handled my life here".

Mom stands up grabbing some bags I jump up following her outside and see Croc place a bag in I wave and run back into my room, seeing Aunt Kitty has placed my kitten in a bag I frown seeing it's got a mesh front walking up I poke at it "it's a pet carrier it has the mesh to make sure she has air".

I look at her and nod as she holds out a bag to me "I'll bring her with me when I come, it will be easier to bring her my way than driving with your mom she will not want to stop for too long".

I bite my lip and nod taking the bag "This is your stuff I've put snacks and drinks, I've also put some other things to keep you entertained on the drive".

I nod following her out the door jumping up hugging her I feel her hug me back "Thank you Aunt Kitty".

I feel her pick me up and put me in the car in a weird seat buckling me in "I'll see you in a week or two Kitten be good and be safe, listen to them okay".

I nod seeing her rush away with the cat carrier as everyone climbs in "Don't cha worry Little Red if Kitty cat says she coming she means it" Harley says patting my leg.

I smile seeing her wink at me.

Arrival in New Orleans

Getting out I see a pretty house and water behind it "What's that?" I ask pointing to the water.

"Swamp water" Croc says smiling before he takes off running to it waving at us, as Harley lifts me to her hip "Come on Little Red let's head to town" I frown looking at her when she points out a jeep, looking to mom who walks to it "Harley I don't think that's a good idea," she says looking uncomfortable.

"Why not Red?" She whines.

"We have no money we were planning on using our skills to get food, she shouldn't be involved in that she's too young," she says with a sigh.

"But she was with us in the chase" she says confused.

Mom shakes her head "That was because we were breaking out, I wasn't leaving her behind I wish we didn't have to do that with her, she could have been hurt, a cop got close to shooting her remember?"

Harley nods pouting as Mom takes me walking to the house "Pansy stay inside don't open the door, Croc will be back very soon he is making sure nothing dangerous is near the house, if you need help call for him".

I nod looking around "Promise me you will listen" she says softly.

I sigh "I promise, please don't leave me forever I just found you".

Mom pulls me close hugging me I cling to her tightly "I will never abandon you, I will always come back for you my little flower".

Relaxing my grip I nod as mom sits me down Harley comes in with my bag Aunt Kitty made me, she sits it by me and waves smiling "We'll see you soon Little Red".

I watch them both head out and move to the window looking out at them leaving in the jeep, feeling my eyes water up "Please come back Momma" I whisper.

Sitting at the window I curl up watching the driveway feeling scared she won't come back, she was happy without me doing what she wanted, but I came along and messed up everything.

I sniff rubbing my face as I start crying silently Croc comes in and sits by me "Why tears?" He asks.

"Momma left me" I whisper.

He makes a strange growling purr while picking me up "She went to get food so everyone can get settled".

"She won't come back for me I messed up her life, she was happier without me" I whisper clinging to him.

"She will be back she was not happier without you, she was lonely and angry, she was getting reckless but you are something she secretly wished for she's coming back," he says rubbing my back.

"Come I found something you may like," he says getting up and walking out the door.

He lifts me to his shoulders heading for the water "Hold on tight" he says scurrying into the water I keep a tight hold looking around at the area he's swimming us to.

Scurrying back on land he moves me to his hip walking to a house knocking on the door a woman opens it.

"Yes?" She says I frown seeing her eyes are milky white.

"I was here about that plant you have," Croc says.

The woman nods letting us in "You brought company with you" she says looking at me.

"My niece ma'am She loves plants".

She nods moving to the plant I watch her carefully move it to a transport pot "You complete your end of the deal and you may have it".

I frown looking at Croc who looks unsure "My sister is the one who can do it, I could take you back to her".

"Very well but do not cheat me, it will not end well for you," the woman says.

Croc lifts me to his shoulders and lifts the woman heading out moving us to his back giving the same warning, he scurries into the water making his way back to the house.

Getting back on land I jump down as he lets the woman down she touches his hand looking at him, but he pulls away quickly "Pansy help her" he mumbles I nod taking her hand leading her into the house.

"Your uncle, his skin feels like alligator's skin".

"Um he does" I mumble.

"He has skin of alligators?"

"Crocodile" I mumble.

"Is your family all like that?"

"Um no my momma is more like a plant, I'm a mix of plant and Crocodile, Aunt Kitty acts like a Kitty and My other aunt is normal I think" I whisper.

"Why did you come here?"

"Momma wanted somewhere we could hide from others and start over".