Chapter-6

A new chapter!

Read and enjoy

Vote without fail.

__________________________________

"Our love, once a masterpiece, now lies scattered like fragments of a broken mirror, reflecting shattered memories."

She sat up from the bed, her body trembling with the weight of her emotions, her breaths coming in ragged gasps

She sat up from the bed, her body trembling with the weight of her emotions, her breaths coming in ragged gasps. The air felt heavy, laden with the weight of unspoken truths and shattered illusions.

A sob escaped her lips, a gut-wrenching sound that echoed through the silence. The pain of her betrayal, the agony of her broken dreams, threatened to consume her whole.

And amidst the darkness, amidst the storm raging within her, Maya found herself grappling with the demons of her past, each one a reminder of the price she had paid for her sins. Calming down from her state Maya glanced at the small clock placed on the table beside her single cot. She removed the blanket from her and took her phone.

21st February.

Its been 7 months from the most dreadful day of her life and still she is stuck at the same place not able to move ahead a inch also. How can she? When her soul is scattered and Her existent solely dependent on him. Once the Queen of the multimillionaire's heart now lived like she didnt exist for the world and him.

Each passing day brought with it a tidal wave of sorrow, threatening to engulf her in its unforgiving embrace.
The pain of betrayal gnawed at her insides, a relentless torment that refused to be silenced. Each heartbeat echoed the rhythm of her suffering, a relentless drumbeat of anguish and regret.

The small and cheap place she lived in mocked her day by day showing the results of her deeds and reflected her shattered life. Taking a quick shower she got ready in a simple dress from the few dresses she had and got ready for her work skipped the breakfast like always as she cannot take the risk of getting late and get kicked out of the only job she had in her hand.

Maya worked as a waitress in a cafe nearby, which served with a little amount of salary which managed to keep her alive. She had no options, no one was willing to offer her job and the absence of any of her qualifications were the big reason.

As soon as she stepped out and locked the door securely she met with the noise of her neighbors working and some shouting and some aunties gossiping together. Ignoring everyone she walked further only to be stopped by the witch... her landlord.

Maya hid her irritation and smiled at the lady but flinched back by her shouting. "Where is my money?" Maya closed her eyes and opened again.