6

* flashback to two days ago *

I was sitting on the couch with my fingers rummaging through my hair, my mind filled up with various mixed feelings when my father-in-law called my name, making me look up at him.

" Eat something, dear " He said, taking a seat across from me.

" I don't feel like eating Dad, I just don't ". I replied as he sighed heavily.

" I understand you have been trying your best to look for him, but taking care of your health is important too " He said politely trying to make me understand.

" Why did she leave? He wouldn't have been like this if she hadn't leave in the first place ". I asked instead, a frustration filling me in, without realising what I just said.

And the moment I did, I immediately looked up and saw Dad watching me with complete shock on his face.

Shit! I cursed myself internally. What did I just do? How can I ask him that? I only know Yoongi's mother left when he just six years old and also that his behavior now is somewhat related to her leaving, but I have never asked either Dad or Yoongi why did she do so? I couldn't dared to ask them something which might bring them back painful memories. But today? How can that thing just leave my lips like that!?

" I.. I'm sorry Dad. I didn't mean to ask that...I just.. " I said looking at him, a guilt filling me over.

" She loved someone else! ". My father-in-law answered as a shocked whisper left my lips hearing him, " What? "

He nodded his head slightly, a bittersweet smile forming on his lips. " It was an arranged marriage. She was the daughter of my father's friend and they introduced us to each other. I thought we were happy in our married life but no..I was so wrong ". Dad said as I patiently listened to him.

" She was dating a boy from her college but they broke up as he wanted to focus on his career first instead of getting married. It was only after Yoongi turned six years old that she learned he was back in her life, ready to start all over again with her and...and when I learned that... that she wanted to go back to him again, I just let her do that ". Dad wiped at the corner of his eyes, trying to console himself and it was as if all those memories were hitting him again and I hated myself for doing that.

" But why did you let her go? Didn't you loved her? " I asked as he just smiled bitterly again.

" I did. I married her because I loved her. But how could I have not let her go after knowing that her heart belonged to someone else and not to me? And had I not agreed to do that, had I not let her go, I would have been forcing her to stay with me. Neither of us would have been happy in our lives. I would have wanted to be loved by her while she could have never been able to give that to me. So it was the best choice for both of us. But I'm glad she left me a reason to continue living my life before leaving and that reason is Yoongi ".

The way he said the name of Yoongi made my heart warm. Yoongi is everything for Dad now and anyone can clearly see that, that how much he is proud and happy to have him as his son.

" But why does Yoongi hate you then? I asked again as Dad replied.

" Cause he doesn't know about this, the reason of his mother leaving. Even after so many years, I don't have the guts to tell him that. How can I tell him that his mother left us cause she was in love with someone else who wasn't his father? That she married me and decided to have him with me only to forget her lover and didn't even think twice before leaving us only to go back to him? I can't do that Y/N. I can't hurt my child more ".