Chapter 3 (The date)

I woke up and went up and made breakfast for me and Linn. I did quite ordinary Swedish pancakes. As I just finished the pancakes Linn came into the kitchen.

- Hey, she said with a hoarse voice.

- Hello, how are you? I said back.

- Not so good. I have very sore throat.

- Oops, hope it does not get worse.

Then Linn sat down at the kitchen table and I served a plate with a pancake on then I took a plate to me and sat down at the dinner table. When we were almost finished I came to think of one thing.

- It is today I’m going on a date with Louis!

- Yes, it is. Linn responded with a weak voice.

- You can fix me anyway, even though you aren't so good huh?

- Of course I can sweetheart.

- Ohh, thank you honey.

After breakfast, I took a shower and then I took just something random. I looked in my entire wardrobe for a cute dress that I bought a while ago. Eventually, I found it among my summer dresses. The dress was white with many light pink flowers. Then I took a pair of white ballerina shoes that I haven't used.

Time passed and the clock was nearing five in the afternoon. I cried for Linn and asked if she could do my hair. We decided to attract my long hair. When we were about to tempt my hair I looked up in the mirror that was in front of us, I noticed that Linn looked at me.

- You are so beautiful Celina, she said.

- I’m certainly not, it is you who is beautiful, I replied.

- No I’m not. But let’s stop talking about it and taking a new topic. Are you nervous about tonight?

- Yes. And now I'm more nervous than I was.

When we were finished with my hair she put on me some make-up. I didn't want ao much makeup so Linn did a pretty natural make-up on me. When she was done with the  make-up I changed into the clothes I would wear. When I was finished, I went out into the living room where Linn was watching TV and saw not so keen out. She looked at me and said,

- God, how beautiful you are!

- Thanks, I said with a happy and nervous voice.

- When should you go?

- Now, so I have time on time.

- Okay, have a nice time!

- I will, bye!

- Bye!

I took the bus to Central Park and went to the fountain. I saw Louis and became nervous. As I walked towards him as he looked up and stood up from the bench he was sitting on. When I was just a few feet from him, he looked right into my eyes. I felt a little discomfort, but he had the most beautiful eyes I’ve ever seen.

- Hey, I said with a nervous voice.

- Hello, how beautiful you are, ‘he said back.

- Thanks, you too.

We started walking towards the pond a little further away in the park. As we walked to it we started talking about ourselves. I told him I lived with my best friend and we came from Sweden. And that we would stay here in London in the summer. Louis though that I came from London only because I had British accent. But then I told him that I had an American accent fom the beginning.

After a while Louis took my hand and I looked at him and smiled, he smiled back. We held hands all the way to the pond, where Louis asked if I wanted to go to a restaurant and of course I said yes. He took my hand again and we walked toward the restaurant. On the way he looked several times at me and smiled the sweetest smile I had ever seen.

Outside the restaurant, he released my hand to open the door. Louis asked for a free table for two. There was a vacant and we walked over to it and sat down. We ordered and started talking about many different things. When we had got our food, we started talking again, and laughed a little bit.

The evening began to the end, we went hand in hand past a man selling roses. Louis stopped and bought a red rose to me. I was so happy and we continued walking until we were outside my and Linn’s apartment. He stopped outside the door and held my hand.

- I’ve had a great evening Celina and would like to have more evenings with you, he said.

- I’ve also had a good night and I’d love to see you more, I said back.

He said goodnight and kissed me on the mouth, I kissed back. I felt that he smiled. We stopped kissing and we smiled at each other, then I went to my aprtment. When I got inside the door Linn  came.

- How was the date? she said

- Absolutely amazing! 

- Did you kissed each other?

- Yes, before we went in different directions.

- Awww.

After I and Linn had talked about our date I went into the bathroom and washed away the makeup, and then I went into my room and crawled into my bed and fell asleep with a smile on my face.