Sandwich

We kept staring into each other eyes, my expressions, my feelings, not being able to say anything, everything was mixed up.

I was exactly in the same condition as him, Although we both were trying to keep our emotions under control while keeping that, eye contact.

My heart was surprised and nervous, however, within, I was a complete mess, and I wasn't getting butterflies in my stomach. But a lot of anxiety.

"Yes, I saw... you, in the hospital." His nervous voice and his expression weren't clear at all.

"Me?... In the hospital?" I asked in the same way, confused. Still, standing looking into his eyes.

I didn't know when my heart started to bounce faster than before. He just kept looking at me, my feelings kept getting bad. Before It could get worse, I came near him slowly, carefully, without saying a word and gently hugged him.

"I was scared that something might happen to you," My emotions were felt by his heart, He was silent and could not understand what was happening.

"Hey, are... you okay?" He had asked me so purely, that I still remember it exactly, like it had happened yesterday.

At that time I was feeling very close to him. I did not want to say anything, I just wanted to be there, living that moment, hugging him, feeling his touch, feeling his heart.

He coughed, I thought it was because of me so I got off him, immediately, without a second thought.

He was trying to get up but was unable to, struggling, I couldn't see him like that, So, I tried to help him.

I could feel how pure of heart he was, sitting there he felt better, with a confused look, he was silent, surprised, and could not say anything, But I knew very well how he was feeling.

I thought of breaking that awkward circumstance," I know... a, a lot is going on... in your mind."

"Why, why do I feel better whenever you touch me?" confused expression made me think, was I reading him well?

Our sentences were said together but it appeared that perhaps, he did not hear my voice. So in response, "Why, Huh!...", I reacted.

"That was you, right? In the hospital?" looking at his toe as if he did not want to see in my eyes, "Are you ok?... You are not looking well, you look tired," slowly looked back into my eyes.

I couldn't answer anything, I don't remember how I lay down on the ground, I fainted as soon as I lay down. The floor felt chilly.

When I opened my eyes, I was lying on a soft mattress and he was sitting next to me having a glass of water.

All I could see was a blur "Are you okay?..." I finally heard.

"Yes, I am good... Yes, I am good," I don't know how I responded but I told the same thing as far as I remember.

Both of us were silent,
The environment was very quiet, just looking into each other's eyes.

Eventually, "Can I fetch, something to eat?" He spoke so, so politely in such a cute way that I felt like hugging him, once more. I nodded.

He immediately left from there without any further comment. I don't know how but things were moving forward, for which I was remarkably delighted in my heart.

I could hear him and his parents talking among themselves, they must have been surprised, I was sure.

Some minutes later, he came and put something in front of me with water and I couldn't understand what it was.

"What is this?" I was very curious to know that I spoke like I had known him for years.

"Hmm, You don't know? Really?" he was surprised, his expression told me everything.

"yes, I don't know." He smiled a little, he had an adorable smile. Beautiful one, I giggled inside.

"It's called a sandwich... It's healthy, I made it."

He was happy, I could feel it. That sandwich was the first thing I ate and it was delicious. I wanted another one but I didn't say anything.

"You know, Mom and Dad, both are surprised to see how I recovered so quickly after such a deep wound, I know that you did all this, but how? I don't know that."

I was eating and listening to every word of him and he kept speaking, "I don't know you, and at first, I was scared because of the way you came, but I feel as if I have known you for a long time, You did, I am sure!"