The Empty Road

"Window?" his look, his expression was changed.

"Hmm?... Yeah! Window, I used to come," Saying this, I went out of the window. Seeing me he also came out.

He was behind me, and both of us were walking slowly, carefully so that no one could see or hear us, just like the robbers. I was feeling like a real thief.

We slowly came onto the road, midnight, empty, there was no one around except me, him and the silence of the night.

Seeing the light up above our heads, I remembered that day, the day when I was alone on the same road, at the same place, but this time the one I had come for, was there.

This time was different, he was with me, next to me, and I was glad, I was happy. Slowly, He looked at me "What happened?..." There was sweetness in his voice.

"Nothing..." a cute smile on my face,  his eyes looked attractive. Slowly, Held his hand, it was warm.

His hand was shivering. I laughed inside, his nature had not been changed even a bit.

I asked him in gestures to walk with me. He answered beautifully and started walking silently without saying a word.

The night insects were our musicians. The clear sky and those stars were witnesses of our pure love, Which he was not aware of.

We kept moving forward Under those dim road lights, having his hand in my hand, he was silent I was silent, but still, that was the most beautiful thing I ever had experienced.

"Say something" I added, while feeling his shivering warm hand. Along with his fast heartbeat, He was shy.

"I am... nervous" he responded looking straight to the road.

"I Know" I smiled, I was delighted.

"H... How?"

"your fingers... I can feel it..." he looked at me having those shy eyes. I know he might also be feeling how happy I was, perhaps.

"By the way... Is my hand warm? Or cold?" for me the dream had come true of holding his hand.

"huh... It... is warm"

"warm... Huh!" my soft reaction with a slight smile. No words further.

Now both of us were silent, he did not even ask me where we were going.

Slowly, We both reached there where the dogs were on the road, they were again getting afraid after seeing me. I still don't understand why those dogs were scared of seeing me.

"Will you play a game with me?... I just invented it." I asked casually after some thought.

The atmosphere, the night, the slow breeze, the feeling of him, his warm hand and all that was so delicate.

While feeling all that, I remembered something which gave me tears in my eyes.

When that first teardrop hit the ground he noticed, he looked at me, "Hey, I'll play, I'll play your game." His expression was pure and funny.

"No, no, not for that, I remembered something," I spoke while wiping my tears.

That care of him, that... that all was forcing me to love him again and again, "Anyway.... Do you know? which game are we gonna play?" even though he wanted to, I could not tell him the reason behind my tears.

"Which game?" There were some questions in his eyes that he did not ask.

"Hmm... We will play the game of questions"

"the game of questions?" his expression was clear.

"yeah! We are gonna ask questions to each other, I ask you some questions and you ask me some questions... and the answers must be true."

"Ohh, Yeah.... okay, ask!" I smiled from within, now he had started talking a little better. I looked at my hand, it looked better with his hand.

Having a perfect smile, "Let us reach the stop then.. we will sit there and play comfortably."

He looked at me, I looked at him we both stopped. "We can also go and sit in the park, it is here on this side." He pointed his finger to the right, his sound was clear.

"Yeah, Hmm... We can go to the park but... That bus stop is precious."

"Why is that?"

"Because when I used to come to see you, near your window, and coming back from there, I used to sit alone at that bus stop at night... I used to think that one day I would sit there with you... and that day is today."

"Really?" innocence was on his face.

"Hmmm" After that, both of us did not say anything, just silently feeling each other's warmth, we walked slowly.

Sometimes small things seem so lovely, don't they? Don't you agree?

I was surprised that I was with him, talking, holding his hand, feeling his touch, and he did not even know me, that was unexpected. Is that how the universe works?

Holding each other's hand like a couple, however, was forceful, he didn't want though, but besides, it was good.

"Aren't you scared?" I was looking towards his head to see the height difference.

"No... not at all, in fact, I never thought that the night could be so fun, I am feeling good." He smiled slightly.

We were almost of the same height, I don't know, but every time looked at him I wanted to cherish him more.

That time came when the bus stop was in front of us. No one said anything I released his hand and gestured for him to sit.

We both sat facing each other. We were still silent, now I too was nervous along with him.

We were looking into each other's eyes, he was feeling shy, I was laughing from within seeing his face and along with it I was a little shy as well.

He started looking down, a smile appeared on both of our faces we chuckled. "Say... something" I added softly.

That moment was beautiful, that night was beautiful, I was alive, I was happy.

"Ah... We were going to play a game, right?" "Yeah... Right so, you start... Ask me first then I'll ask." I immediately replied.

"I have lots of questions... But I don't know, where to start and which one to question... But first, I feel you hide something whenever you cry, I feel like there's pain behind your tears, is it true?"