-1-

"That's all I'm going to teach you today. You can go to Aoi if you still want to learn more." I said as I walked away from Sumi, Naho and Kiyo.

I walked over to a tree in the garden which was planted by the first flower breather.

"I'll tell you when it's over." I mumbled.

When will it ever be over? It was supposed to be over seven years ago but Tanjiro became a demon. I was excited to show you this tree.

"KAW! KAW! TSYURI KANAO HAS A RESEARCH MISSION.  PLEASE HEAD TO YUSHIRO'S ESTATE WITH YUSHIRO AND NEZUKO!" My crow yelled.

After hearing this I put on my Haori. Although, it wasn't really my haori. It belonged to Kanae and then Shinobu. I then grabbed my katana and left the butterfly mansion.

"Another mission?" Aoi asked.

"Yes, I just hope it doesn't take a while." I sighed.

"I see, please stay safe Kanao." Aoi replied.

"I will." I said as I left for Yushiro's estate.

I followed a cat which had some sort of card on its head to find Yushiro's estate. I had never been there before so I was unsure as too where I was going.

I walked until I reached a brick wall which seemed to be a dead end.

"I think you've gone the wrong way." I said to the cat.

However, the cat walked straight through the wall. I tried doing walking through the wall too and it somehow worked. I was quite shocked, but I said nothing. I just continued to follow it.

"Your back chachamaru!" Nezuko smiled as she hugged the cat.

"Now that everyone is here lets discuss what we need to do." Yushiro said.

I had heard a lot about Yushiro but I had never seen him properly until now. Since he was a good demon the demon slayer corps openly welcomed him. I thought he would look like lady Tamayo but he surprisingly. He had pale skin and green hair.

"So what are we going to do?" I replied.

"I'll make a trap for demons." Yushiro said as he walked away with no explanation.

"What does he mean by trapping demons?" I asked.

"He will make 4-5 demons gather near the estate so we can run a few experiments on them." Nezuko explained.

I knew a thing or two about poisons but experiments were a whole new concept but I trusted Nezuko and whatever she was going to do.

"What experiments are we going to run?" I said.

"Follow me." Nezuko replied as she led me to a room.

"All demons have Muzans memory and there's a chance they could have Tanjiro's memory too. They also can't say Muzans name but we are going to check to see if they can say Tanjiro's name." Nezuko explained.

I couldn't tell if she wanted these experiments to work or not because if they worked they could be a weakness and a sign that Tanjiro is still here but if they didn't it would also mean he hasn't yet become some monster.

"Can I see what are in these drawers?" I asked.

"You might not want too." Nezuko said as she removed some wisteria away from the drawer in hopes that I didn't catch a glimpse of it.

I watched as Nezuko grabbed different items like Tanjiros sword, her bamboo muzzle and other things from Tanjiro's past.

"What role do I play in this?" I asked.

"Your our security guard. If anything goes wrong you will be expected to slay the demons." Nezuko explained.

Just then, the sane cat that took me here came into the room so Nezuko and I followed it.

When we arrived, we saw Yushiro standing around five demons. He managed to made them unable to move. Nezuko then put on her old haori and muzzle and walked around them.

"What is this? Aren't you supposed to kill us." One of the demons asked.

I thought the planned failed but another demon stared at Nezuko as if he had seen her before.

"Lord Muzans memories!" It yelled, completely forgetting about the curse.

The other demons watched in horror as its body was being destroyed. It was my first time seeing something like this. A hand appeared out of the poor demons body and blood splattered everywhere. The demon couldn't do anything but cry for help.

"A boy... with hanafuda earrings." Another demon muttered. "Who is he?"

The demon had blue hair and pale skin and its face was full on confusion.

"Is that Tanjiro?" The blue haired demon asked.

Once it had said Tanjiros name it immediately lost a lot of blood and it's right arm dropped to the floor but it managed to survive.

"Kill the other demons and keep the blue haired one." Yushiro said.

I nodded as I went up to each demon and chopped of their heads one by one.

Yushiro then took the demon inside and locked it up in a room. It had lost a lot of its power since it said Tanjiro's name so it wasn't able to escape.

"The research mission is over, you two are free to go now." Yushiro said.

"Bye." I said as I took my leave.