-4-

After that mission in the small village, I decided I should take some time off from missions. I would still fight demons if they were near me and I'd still attend hashira meetings.

However, something happened at that mission and I just don't know what. Its becoming a huge distraction and if I'm not focused when fighting demons I could die.

I can't die now. I have Aoi and my tsgukos to look after. I'm the master of a mansion. There's still so much I have to do in life.

"Kanao, you've been acting strange lately." Aoi said as she must've noticed me staring blankly at the wall for what seemed like forever.

I didn't know what to say to that. Should I tell her the truth or should I make her not worry about me?

"Kanao, if something happend you can always tell me." Aoi said.

I sighed and decided that tell Aoi the truth.

"On the last mission I went on, I fainted when you weren't there and I don't think I'm focused enough to do missions. I can't even focus while training. Something happend at the mission and I just don't know what." I explained.

Aoi seemed shocked. She wanted to comfort be but she couldn't just find the right words to say.

"If you ever need help Kanao, I'll be here for you." Aoi replied.

"Thank you." I responded.

After that, I decided to train for a bit before I had to go to the Hashira meeting.

I went outside and swung my sword as if my life had depended on it. I focused hard on my breathing and chanelled all of my power in to my katana.

I must've used a lot of power because I managed to throw the katana a few meters away from where I was standing.

Tanjiro POV

After that incident, I wanted to know more about that girl. I searched until I found her. She stayed at a big mansion where many people would come and stay for a few days then leave. Most of them worked with swords and liked to train. This girl was one of those people.

I watched as she swung her sword so hard it managed to fly. She had lots of strength. However she seemed to be frustrated after letting go of her katana.

"This is of no use." She said to myself.

"Don't say that, I think your strong" I replied.

Just then, I realised what had happened last time and ran away.

Kanao POV

"Who said that?" I asked.

No one responded.

Was I hallucinating or did Tanjiro just speak to me?

"Kanao! Do you want to go to the Hashira meeting together!" Nezuko asked as she cheerfully ran up to me.  

"Of course I will!" I smiled.

Was it Nezuko who said that? I mean  Tanjiro and Nezuko were siblings after all so they must've picked up a few habits from eachother. However, Nezuko came here just now.

I decided to ignore it and fulfil my duty which was to protect Nezuko and be a good Hashira.

Tanjiro POV

As I walked back home, I saw a demon. A creature like me. For some reason it was scared of me.

"Why are you scared?" I asked.

"M-master... I'm sorry." The demon said as it shrivelled in fear.

It then immediately ran off.

"What is that demon doing?" I asked hoping the demon inside me would respond.

"There's something I've been hiding from you Tanjiro." Muzan said.

"What is it?" I asked.

I had a bad feeling.

"I am the Muzan Kibutsuji, the king of all demons. You were never a demon, until one day. Seven years ago. You tried to fight me, you and your friends might've won. However, I gave all my blood to you. You are now the demon king and I exist inside you." Muzan explained.

"So I am the king of demons?" I asked.

"Tanjiro, you weren't supposed to say that. You broke the curse." Muzan replied as his voice got quieter and quiter as if he was fading away.

After that moment, I can't really tell what was happening but it was like a war was going on inside me. Part of me was in a demon form and the other part was a human form.

My body felt out of control. Before I could even take my next breath, I collapsed to the ground. I don't know how long I was on the ground for but when I woke up I was in a weird shape. I looked human yet demon at the same time. I couldn't tell which side won the war in my head.

Kanao POV

"I would like to take a leave, if you guys wouldn't mind." The water pillar said as he got up.

He was a lot like how Shinobu used to described him. He was quiet and distanced himself from others.

"Tomioka-san! Wait! The master hasn't arrived yet." Nezuko said.

"She's right, you should atleast attend some of the meeting." Zenitsu said.

"It seems like you haven't changed at all." Shinazugawa, the wind pillar replied.

"Hello my dear children." Our master said.

"Hello Master." I said as I took a bow.

"I'm glad to see you all in good health. I know that you, my hashiras, work a lot. However, the amount of missions you go on will increase due to the fact of demons evolving." Master Ubayashki explained.

(I read the manga but I can't tell if he died or not)

"Evolving?" I asked.

"Yes, demons are evolving. I don't quite know how but if you want to find out more you will have to find the demon Yushiro." Master Ubayashki replied.

"How many missions will we have to take?" Tomioka-san asked.

"Each Hashira will have 7 missions every two weeks. However, those who are on break will still have one mission a week." Master Ubayashki explained.

"Do you guys have any further questions?" Our master asked.

We all shook our heads and we were then dismissed.