Chapter 21

A soul in woe
——————————

     Diana later on found Hermione sitting by herself in the Great hall for dinner.

"Diana! Where have you been? You missed practically all of your classes today!" Hermione gasped as she saw her, putting down the fork that was in her hand.

"I know, I'm sorry. I got light headed and I just didn't feel well so I went to take a nap." Diana sighed, sitting next to Hermione.

"Well, where'd you rest at? It wasn't the girl Dormitory, I went there to look for you." Hermione questioned.

"I went to the hospital wing, Hermione. Thanks for your concern," Diana said, aggravated.

Hermione bit her lip, "Well, how are you feeling now?"

"Hungry." Diana voiced, picking up an empty plate, putting an assortment of food on it, before gobbling it down.

Of course, she still worried about what Pansy said, and it did make her sick to her stomach, but she couldn't deny, she was starving, something like that couldn't keep her from eating.

"Harry's been badgering Slughorn all evening, I reckon Dumbledore has something to do with it," Hermione said, picking a piece off of the dinner roll in her hand.

"Yeah, he appears to be always conning him into something, that Dumbledore." Diana replied, absentmindedly.

Hermione's mouth twisted in thought. She couldn't help but to agree with Diana, even if she wanted to see the good in everyone.

-

After hearing what had happened to Ron, with him being poisoned and all, Diana sped to the Hospital wing, flinging the door open as she made way. "Is he okay? What's going on? What happened?" She questioned, rushing to see how Ron was.

Mcgonagall, Dumbledore, Snape and Slughorn coming in after her.

Ron was her best friend, along with Hermione and Harry. Although, this year he's been preoccupied with Lavender Brown, the passed 6 years, they've all been close.

Not to mention, the two sharing a kiss in 4th year.

Ron fancied Diana for the longest time, but she only ever liked him as a friend, so it didn't get anywhere and Ron accepted how she felt.

"He's alright, Di," Harry quietly said, frowning at her.

"What happen-,"

"Quick thinking on your part, Harry, using a bezoar." Dumbledore voiced, drawing Diana's attention.

"You must be very proud of your student, Horace."

"Hm? Oh, yes, very proud."

"I think we agree Potter's actions were heroic. The question is, why were the necessary?" Professor Mcgonagall pointed out.

Diana tuned out the professors and moved to stand next to Hermione, putting a hand on her shoulder.

Everyone knew of Hermione's feelings for the boy, there wasn't any denying that she fancied him.

"Where is he?! Where's my Won-Won? Has he been asking for me?!" Lavender Brown ran in, immediately running to Ron.

Hermione cleared her throat quietly, leaning back in her chair.

"What's she doing here?" Lavender questioned, looking at Hermione.

"I might ask you the same question." Hermione snapped, standing up.