Storm Warning

Mkaaay... I thought of this during Summer Camp (YUS guess who's back!) when we had to go in the dining hall/building, or the "Pods" as we call it, basement for a storm warning. This might have feels and cuteness, it's up to your heart to judge lol.
Ages:
Ash: 15
Misty: 16
---
Misty was hanging out at Ash's house on a day that just seemed like one of those laid-back, stay-inside-it's-pouring days. Ash's mom, or Delia, was out shopping and allowed Ash to invite Misty over for company. Anyway, they were playing board games and talking, just generally having fun on a rainy day. Or was it just a rainy day?

The redheaded girl sat criss-cross on the floor across from the raven-haired boy. "A-Ash... I'm cold..." she shivered as she lowered her cards from Go-Fish to the carpet in Ash's room.

Ash sighed, although he wasn't mad. "I'll go get your coat." he mumbled as he slid his phone into his pocket and walked out of the door briskly, avoiding eye contact with Misty as he headed to his mudroom.

"Ugh. Now he's mad at me... why, Misty, why?" Misty whispered, rubbing her arms as she felt her goosebumps. "Well, he didn't seem that mad about it... maybe, if at all, he still loves me." She hugged her hands to her chest and sighed dreamily, happy at her thought. Pikachu hopped over and embraced her in a little tiny way.

"I don't want her to be cold, then she'd probably rant about how rude and careless I am." Ash grumbled as he turned a corner without ease. "Maybe if I give it to her sweetly and be at least a bit of a gentleman now, I can win her over." He smiled widely as he spotted her soft, warm jacket.

Ash looked out the window. The streets were flooding and there were small pieces of debris flying every which way. He shot up in the air as lightning struck the ground in the surrounding forest, the thunder just moments from the strike. Ash's face turned pale as his phone began to give off the warning siren.

The raven-haired boy ran into his room and Misty jumped up with Pikachu in her arms. "T-The siren?" she whimpered. Misty shook her head and had a fierce, fiery expression now. She grabbed her jacket right out of Ash's hand and put it on. Pikachu jumped to Ash's shoulder. "Take us to the basement, if you will." she spat as she crossed her arms. Ash grabbed her wrist and pulled her to the basement door, then down into the underground shelter. Boxes were stacked everywhere. Misty pulled away from Ash's grip and grumpily sat against a cement wall.

"Misty, are you-" Ash asked as he slid his back down the wall and sat next to her. Pikachu looked over at her too.

"I'm FINE." Misty growled, leaning away from him. Uh oh... what are you doing?! Misty thought, her face being drained of all color.

Ash frowned sadly. "Sorry..." he whispered, so she could hear, as he looked at his hands in his lap.

"W-Whatever..." Misty stuttered, still trying to sound angered. Some time passed without either of them talking.

"Misty, talk to me!" Ash sighed, his eyes tearing up with frustration and longing.

The redheaded girl hid in her jacket. "No." Ash went back to sulking for a few minutes.

"Misty, I know you want to be brave. But be yourself. What do your heart and instincts tell you to do?" Ash asked Misty slowly and sympathetically. He hesitantly placed a shaking, fearful-of-being-slapped hand on her shoulder. Misty's lips quivered, then she started bawling into Ash's chest.

"I just really wanna hide and for everything to be okay and for me to know if everyone is safe and for someone to be here for me and-" Misty slurred quickly in between two sobs, then returning to crying uncontrollably.

Ash rubbed his hand gently up and down her upper back, a caring and happy look on his face. "Shhh... I'm here, Mist."

"Pikaaa!" Pikachu cheered, hugging Misty's head as he stood on her shoulders.

"I-I love... you Ash." she smiled shyly before kissing Ash's cheek then lowering back down and burying her face in her bangs.

Ash grabbed Misty's head then pulled it to his, kissing her. Misty kissed back as Pikachu whistled. The all-clear weather siren went off on Ash's phone, both of the teens smiling with relief in their kiss. When they were finished, Ash drew back and whispered five little words:

"I love you too Mist."

---

Yaaay I finished it XD I have two ideas for tomorrow or the day after, and I might get others too. One has to do with a song and the opposite, but thankfully one-sided, shipping pair, and the other doesn't and is just a cute story. Well, I hope you all liked it! Vote, comment, follow me, and add this story to your library so you'll get updates! Anyway, see you later, my Dragonets!