72

Ron enters the Hall, eyes lowered, knuckles taped for Quidditch, flexing his fingers anxiously as he makes for the Gryffindor table.

Neville passes going the other way. "Good luck, eh, Ron?"

Ron nods shortly, then Seamus comes up on his side, whispering conspiratorially.

"Counting on you, Ron. I've two Galleons on Gryffindor." Seamus said, peeling off.

Ron cuts his eyes towards the Slytherin table, where the Quidditch team sits together. One Slytherin juts his chin towards Ron, mutters something. A few turns, snigger. Ron averts his eyes and almost runs into Cormac, who eyes him with disdain as he passes.

Frowning, Ron drops down opposite Harry and Hermione. Harry eyes him briefly, knowingly, and pushes a plate across. Ron takes a fork, and pokes at it glumly.

"So. How was it?" Ron asked, glancing towards the entrance every few seconds for Harper. Harper will be playing as Chaser today because Katie is in St. Mungo, that calms him down at least, knowing that Harper will be there at the Pitch calms him down.

Hermione continues to read the Prophet, unaware of Ron's glancing at the entrance. "How was what?"

"Your dinner party." Ron said, sighing with relief when he sees Harper walk in in his Quidditch uniform.

"Dead boring. Though I think Harry enjoyed dessert." Hermione said, looking up from the Prophet to Harper who sits next to Ron.

"I heard Professor Slughorn having a Christmas do, you know. And we're meant to bring someone." Harper said, taking a sip of the water Hermione held out towards him.

"Who are you going to ask?" Ron asked, starting to eat, seeing as Harper is now here with him.

"I was thinking of asking you." Harper said, not noticing the smile on both Harry and Hermione's face as they look at him and Ron.

"Really?" Ron asked, looking at Harper with slightly widened eyes.

"Good luck today, Ron! I know you'll be brilliant!" Lavender said, passing by.

Ron ignores her, only having eyes for Harper who's still looking at him expectantly. He did notice Hermione glaring at Lavender though. Does she think he wants to be with Lavender? He has only had eyes for Harper ever since the First Year. "Really?" He asked again before he was disturbed by Lavender.

"Really, really." Harper said, smiling shyly at Ron.

"Then, I would love to." Ron said, smiling affectionately at Harper who turned a beautiful red.

Harry thought that maybe he won't need to fake the liquid luck juice anymore from how Harper is successfully helping Ron calm down from his nervous wreck. But he does want to be nice, so he pours Ron a juice and turns to Ron while pouring. "Juice?"

"Sure." Ron said, smiling kindly at Harry who returned the smile.

As Harry pours, Luna arrives at the table wearing a hat that bears an uncanny resemblance to a real lion. "Hello, everyone. You look happy, Ron."

Ron nods, gulping half of the juice before giving the other half to Harper, who took it and drank the rest of it. "You'll be there?" He asked Harper who placed down the glass and looked up at him, nodding.

"I'll be there, with you." Harper said, smiling.

Ron nods, the rest of anxious energy leaving his body, turning to look at the smiling Harry. "C'mon, Harry. We've got a game to win."

》* 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ * 。° 。 • ˚《

The Quaffle rockets into the air.