Chapter 2

*SCARLETTS POV*

My alarm goes off and I rub eyes getting all the crust out of them. I hit the off button on my alarm and slip out from under the covers and head immediately into the bathroom to take a shower. I step into the warm water falling from my showerhead and stick my hair into the water rinsing all the oils out and feeling refreshed. After about 10 minutes, I step out of the shower and grab the towel to dry myself off. I walk out into the bedroom and look through my drawers for an outfit to wear. I decide on some black leggings and a denim shirt with my light pink vans. I use the towel to dry my hair and then i grab the blow dryer to dry my hair slightly before brushing through it. I look at the time to see it is 9:45 and I needed to be down at the studio by 10. I grab my keys and my phone and head out to see that Megan is already sitting outside in the car waiting for me.

I get the in the passenger seat and greet her with a hug. "Hi Megan, how are you?" I ask

"I'm good, so excited for you to start recording thats for sure!" she responds.

"I guess I am excited too, just wish I was working solo." I respond with a slight sigh.

"Don't worry, hun. It's only a matter of time." she replies with a smile on her face.

I smile in response and look out the window hoping to brace myself for this day.

The rest of the car ride was consumed of mostly Megan telling me all the hot spots in L.A. and all the fun stuff I could do here. We finally get to the studio. I was really antsy to see who the guy was that I would be singing with was. I walk into the studio and see that it was only the woman in which asked me to do this duet in there. I soon learned that her name was Alicia. She told me that the guy I was singing with was a little late. She did not mention any names for she knew Megan had not told me who it was and that she assumed it was suppose to be a surprise.

I sat in a chair, waiting for this mystery man to show up when a black suburban pulls up. I stand up and turn around pretending I had not seen them pull up, trying to act natural. I hear the door open and I hear heavy older mans british accent. I know that voice from American Idol. Simon Cowell.

I know exactly why he would be here. He had to be with one of those One Direction boys. Which means that I would be singing with either Niall, Zayn, Louis, Liam, or Harry. I turn around ever so slowly to see a green eyed, curly haired, boy standing in the doorway talking to Alicia.

Harry Styles.

*HARRYS POV*

I look up to see a beautiful brunette girl looking in my direction. She was ever so stunning. I gave her one of my famous Harry grins and she smiles back. So far, so good. I walk over to her extending my hand towards her saying, "I'm Harry and you must be Scarlett?"

She smiles a toothly smile, and a beautiful one at that saying, "Yeah, I am. Its nice to be working with you." I get lost in her eyes as she talks. A chocolate brown color that sparkles when the light hits them.

I wake up from my trance and reply, "You too." We then are interrupted by Alicia who explains to us our schedule. I get try to keep my focus on the paper that Alicia was showing us but I find myself to keep looking up at Scarlett. She was just too beautiful. In all honesty, I could not keep my eyes off of her.

Alicia guides us into the recording room where me and Scarlett are sitting with head seats on, in a enclosed room. I look at her and she is looking at me and I nod my head for her to start singing. Her voice was perfect. I never thought a girl with no fame experience would have such a beautiful voice. I almost forget to start singing my part because I was so lost in her voice. My husky voice fills the room and Alicia looks pleased. We finish the first set when Alicia motions us to come out into the other room. She tells us that we are free to go for the day and that she will see us in a few days for the next set.

Alicia walks out leaving me standing there with Scarlett. I turn to her smiling and say, "Listen I could really go for a coffee, and there is a starbucks just down the street, would you like to join me?"

*SCARLETTS POV*

His british accent was like music to my ears. "Yes, that sounds great." I respond.

He slowly slides his hand into mine and guides me out the door and we start walking down the street. He was still holding my hand. Was this how friends do it over in England? I'm not sure, but I was willing to find out.

(A/N: I hope you guys like! It is my first fanfic! Let me know!)