Chapter 11

*HARRYS POV*

I rush through my hotel room, scrambling to get ready. I am already an hour late for this release party and Scarlett was going to kill me.

I rush down to the lobby of the hotel to see outside that they boys were already in the suburbans, waiting for me. I quickly got in and ordered the driver to step on it.

We arrive at the studio where the party was happening. I casually step out of the car and try to make myself not noticeable walking in. I was an hour and a half late to this thing. I weave through the crowd looking for Scarlett.

I find Scarlett standing with her back facing me, talking to a woman taller then her who looked an awful lot like her. I was assuming this was her sister Mallory she had told me about. 

I quietly walk up behind her and place my hands over her eyes saying, "Guess who."

She removes my hands from her eyes and turns around to look at me. Her expression was blank and her eyes beamed on me. She was mad, I could tell. "Your late," was all she said. 

"I know, I know and i'm sorry. The interview with the boys went a little longer then expected."

"Harry, you knew how important this was to me." She says softly. 

"I know, but I'm now, okay?" I reply.

Before she could say anything Alicia was up on stage talking in a microphone. "Hello everyone, and welcome to the release party for the new single, "Love is all you need" sang by Harry Styles and Scarlett Reed." Everyone starts to applaud. "After a long two weeks of recording and getting everything set for this new song, we are finally ready to release it to the public." I look at Scarlett who is glowing with excitement. "And with that would you put your hands together for Harry Styles and Scarlett Reed." She finishes and everyone starts applauding. 

I slide my arm around Scarlett's waist and we walk up and onto the stage. Scarlett walks up to the microphone first and starts her speech, "Wow, this is surreal." she starts by saying. "I would like to thank you all for coming to support me and Harry. You don't know what this means to us...to me. I have recently started in this career and I am still trying to figure it all out. This song means the world to me because it will always be the first song I recorded in my singing career." She stops her voice getting shaky, "So thank you all." She finishes and steps back from the microphone. Everyone applauds and then I step up to the microphone.

"Like Scarlett said we thank you all for coming. This truly means a lot." I start. "This song is also very important to me. It made me realize a couple of things. It made me realize that you need to be who you are and you have to make yourself happy with the people who make you happy," I say this referring to the Taylor incident. "I also realize what it feels like to fall for someone, and fall for someone hard." I look back at the back of the room to see several people with cameras pointed at me. "And with that I would like to say that I am in love with Scarlett Reed. Thank you."

*SCARLETTS POV*

"And with that I would like to say that I am in love with Scarlett Reed. Thank you." 

I go from looking at the crowd to looking straight at him, my eyes popped and my mouth opened. He walked over to me putting his lips close to ear and whispering, "Come with me." He snaked his arm around my waist and led me down the stairs. Cameras flashed several times in our direction. He led me into an empty hallway. 

"Harry, what was that?" I question.

"What do you mean?" His jaw clenches.

"You just told the media about us. I thought you didn't want to do that yet?" I reason with him so he could calm down. 

"Why wouldn't I tell them about a girl that I am crazy about?" He smiles. 

I return the smile and say, "Harry what about your image? You know, they are just going to question if our relationship is just a publicity stunt."

"I don't really care what they say anymore and you shouldn't either." He says placing his hands on my waist. 

"I just don't want your career to be ruined because of me." I say quietly. 

"Don't say that." He gently kisses my lips before pulling away. "If anyone ruined my career, it was me."

I smile and wrap my arms around his neck and kiss his lips gently.

He made me feel special. He made me feel safe. I just didn't know if I was ready for all this shit to be said about us in the media. But I guess thats part of being famous. And boy was I in for a bumpy ride.