chapter 1

Wake up ,you're going to be late", I whispered to a sleeping Mpho.

She simply sighed and said she'd be down in 5 minutes. I went downstairs and found Karabelo burning the pot of oats I nicely asked him to watch over."The hell bro!",I yelled out as I grabbed the pot and removed it from the stove.

KARABELO: I'm sorry ,I didn't notice it was burning Aus'Naledi.

NALEDI: Ofcourse you wouldn't, you're constantly on your stupid phone . Give it.

KARABELO: No!! It's mine Naledi, you can't do that .

NALEDI: I don't give a fucking damn ,I'm incharge Karabelo, I make the rules ,me !

Mpho walked in dragging her feet .

MPHO: Yoh aus'Naledi ,yelling at us already. It's so early hlem.

NALEDI: You know what ,I don't have time for this,I have to go to work,make sure ha le late for skolo .Nxa

I grabbed my car keys and walked out the house. Okay ...incase you're wondering my name in Naledi Raboroko ,I'm 23 years old and I have 2 younger siblings, Mpho who is turning 15 in September and Karabelo who turned 17 in February. I'm a waitress a Mug n Bean and  I'm currently doing my 3rd year in Architecture. Our parents passed away 5 years ago in a car crash and so I had to become the parent and trust me it hasn't been easy at all, having to juggle everything byself but luckily I met a phenomenal guy Kendrick. We've been together for almost 14 months now and he's been very supportive....
work*

LIHLE: O lata meiskat .

NALEDI: I know, it's just that those kids are literally driving me crazy. Especially Karabelo.

LIHLE: Give him time ,he'll come around for sure . Nou he thinks he's the man of the house since he's almost 18.

NALEDI:  But he's not though, he needs to understand that ene if he continues with that behavior he's definitely going to influence Mpho.

LIHLE: Who's the man of the house hee? Kendrick?

Lihle knows how much Karabelo hates Kendrick ,it's understandable. He's just looking out for me but he needs to get the fact that Kendrick is supporting me and him through his thick skull. I'd never want to force our relationship on my siblings.All I want is their support .

NALEDI: Ofcourse not...ohhh shit ,I forgot Michael said he wants to meet with me first thing in the morning.

LIHLE: Damn girl ,eya ko yena olo bona kgore dintshang.

I walked up to Michael's office (my boss) and gave a gentle knock.

'' come in. ''

MICHAEL: You're late ,sit .
He said with a cold tone ,pointing to the open chair across his .

NALEDI: I know and I'm so sorry.  I got caught up at home, you know how things are .

MICHAEL: Only if that was a good enough excuse Naledi. You've been coming to work late ,slacking off ,knocking off early. I don't pay you for inconsistency Ms Raboroko.

Shit ,it was true . I can't believe I've been costing my job like this .

NALEDI: what are you trying to say sir?

MICHAEL: You know exactly what I'm trying to say, you have until the end off the month to work here .

What ...my heart sank straight to my gut. Where was I going to get the money, I have to pay for my siblings school fees ,I have to pay my student loan . How am I going to survive without a job?