chapter 8

What was he saying? I walked downstairs and they turned around.

NALEDI: What do you mean 'I was sold '?

ZWIDE: Ma..I thou..

NALEDI: You thought wrong. Talk Zwide.

JAMES: Boss ,I'm gonna head out now.

NALEDI: Oh no. You are not going anywhere, ain't you the one that texted him to take me out of town asap?

ZWIDE: It's fine James, you can go.
He left the house.

ZWIDE: Are you going to give me a chance to explain myself?

NALEDI: You have 10 seconds. 10....

ZWIDE: Everything is just so complicated right now and

NALEDI: 9..

ZWIDE: I'm just trying to protect you.

NALEDI: 8...

ZWIDE: Will you stop Naledi. Fuck!!
He yelled, making me a scared.

ZWIDE: Stop being such a fucking pain in the ass. Go! Leave my house and see how many minutes you'll survive without being killed or kidnapped. I know it doesn't make sense but atleast try to make things easy for me .

NALEDI: I'm being a pain in the ass? You know what's a pain in the ass Zwide? Huh?

He just looked at me.

NALEDI: Or maybe I should just tell you. Being pinned to the wall ,helplessly. Being grabbed by the neck,violently.  Being touched ,inappropriately. Being raped,over and over again. Being raped until you bleed.
Being fingered by multiple men ,over and over again . Loosing your child Zwide is pain,so don't ever ,ever talk to me like that. Ever!

He walked towards me and held me in his arms. A pool of water came rushing down my eyes and he embraced me with his warmth.

ZWIDE: I'm sorry Naledi. Everything is going to be okay. I promise

He picked me up and carried me upstairs yet again. Placed me on the bed and tucked me in like a little baby. He walked to the door and switched off the lights.

NALEDI: Wait.

ZWIDE:What's wrong?

NALEDI: Stay. I mean....don't.

ZWIDE: Don't..?

NALEDI: Don't leave.

ZWIDE: What's wrong mama?

NALEDI: Its just that everytime I'm alone I just keep thinking about that night with Kopano,with me alone on the street...I..

ZWIDE: You don't need to explain yourself Mama. I get it.

He closed the door behind him,took off his sweatpants and there I saw a huge bulge through his underwear.

Ugh not me staring.
He got in and we slept on opposite sides on the huge bed. A couple of minutes later I felt his hand pull me in from the waist. I felt his bulge on my back.

NALEDI: Zwide.

ZWIDE: Hmm?

NALEDI: Don't....

He held me even tigher and sighed.

NALEDI:Zwide ,don't

ZWIDE: Sleep . It's late.