chapter 30

I woke up extra early to go see Zwide at the hospital but to my surprise he wasn't in his room . Eventually a nurse told me he was transferred to a physio therapist in Sandton! Ke tla fihla neng ko Sandton.

Calling Fikile:

NALEDI: Hi Fikile how are you doing? Eintlik how's everyone doing?

FIKILE: Eish, we're okay . I guess ,we're just hoping for the best ka yena. How's he holding up?

NALEDI: He's been transferred to a physio therapist in Sandton and I can't get to him without your help.

FIKILE: Don't worry about it. Just tell me where you want me to pick you up?

NALEDI: Thank you so much Fikile. Uhmm I'll text you after my shift at work.

I hung up and walked back to my apartment.

I honestly need to buy myself my own apartment or house or shack or whatever! Something to get me far away from these kids .

Mpho literally wakes up at 11:00 in the morning, doesn't clean up after herself and Karabelo is just a pain in the ass! He wants this, he wants that ,he wants everything that I can't give him.

After his school fees being paid he thinks I've been shitting money.

MPHO:Aus'Naledi, my friend Olerato was asking to sleepover this weekend.

NALEDI: Bathong Mphoza. What happened to spending time together during weekends?

MPHO:Well ever since Zwides arrest you've been different, distant. Ha o batle ho spend'a nako le rona .

NALEDI: What are you talking about Mpho?

KARABELO: Well she's not wrong.

NALEDI: Okay so keng,le tlong tshwarela meeting? So what if I don't feel like myself, I went through alot at in a small period of time ,so forgive if I'm not always willing to spend time with you little pests?

I stormed off to the bathroom to wash my hands and prepare for dinner.

KARABELO: What made you so upset bro?

NALEDI: You ,Mpho...everything! Nna ha leng nahanele vele.

MPHO:I don't understand, we were kinda getting there. Taba kore you're also not thinking about us.

KARABELO: Mpho shut up okay. Ke conversation ya batho ba ba holo nou.

I rolled my eyes and grabbed an onion and a knife.

MPHO: Woah! Karabelo I deserve to be part of conversations too . I'm not 9 years anymore.

KARABELO: Well you like acting like it.

MPHO:Aus'Naledi are you even listening to what  Karabelo is saying!?!

NALEDI: Just shut up! Yeses. I work my ass off to feed your dumbasses and all  I get in return is your disrespect ! Khaman mahn,I deserve better.

Karabelo blankly stared at the knife in my hand like I was literally about to stab one of them.

KARABELO: You never talk to us. You're just bottling up your feelings and expect us to understand where you're coming from and that's just unfair. You come back from work and o sole different?....

NALEDI: You wouldn't understand Karabelo.

KARABELO: Make me understand then!
I took a deep breath in and a step back.

NALEDI: I ...I met up with Zwide.

KARABELO: You mean Banks.

NALEDI: Ah wabo! Ke tsona tse ke sa di batleng!  You know what I don't have to explain anything to you.