Chapter 2

*

The house felt so cold. It had no color. 

Everything seemed so boring, sometimes Pete wanted that his house to be haunted, for some fun. It was just him and the servants. 

Everyday, he had a routine, that was so tasteless. Money were the prime reason for his family. The affection was none. 

His dad always spoke with him more like a little soldier, because he was about to be the new head of the "prison". This depressed and strict place reduced his life to just another sad story of an arrogant rich man. And Pete hated it! He wanted a person to marry, to have children, to smile, to be HAPPY!

He was sitting in his office, completely devoid of any significance. His past relationships were just about his wealthy budget, no one loved him as a person. This legacy was a curse, from which he could not escape. 

After some ignorant time, a knocking on his office door snapped him out of his trance. It was Ollie, his right hand.

"Sir, your father just called. He said that you must go to his company to get some files. Master told me that it's pretty important and urgent. So, we have to go now."

Pete sighed, being extremely upset at his father's action. What have to be so urgent? Everyday, he had something important to do or say. Annoying!

"Alright, Ollie. Thanks..."

His friend knew about his comrade situation and he began to be worried. But he couldn't do nothing about it. Unfortunately, at the end of the day, he was just a servant.

                                                                                            *

Some minutes pasted, and our Pete arrived as his dad's company or the place of lies and illegalities, this is how our hero named it. Hundreds and hundreds of bodyguards everywhere. Useless. What was this? KinnPorsche the series?

Only arrogance, wasted money, and a lot of humiliation. This Mister liked to show his miserable power, and loved to subject his staff to humiliating treatments. But Pete was not like that, fortunately. He wouldn't hurt a fly. 

His rough presence was just a shield for his shy and introvert personality. This is why many people run away from him, or misjudged him as a bad one.

In the conference room, he discovered that both of his parents were present at this meeting. Perplexed, he asked:

"Mama? Papa? What's happening? Why are you both here?"

"Sweetheart, we have something important to announce. Please, sit!", his mother said with a big smile on her face.

"Son, you know that you're my treasure and the only heir of this family. But, before giving you this title, you need to marry and give me a nephew.

I know that you always wanted that so, I decided to arrange a marriage between you and Fah.

Please, my darling, you can enter now."

After hearing this commands, our hero petrified from shock. He couldn't move anymore, and his head started to hurt. If he didn't leave immediately from that building, he would explode with emotions. It would become a big mess.

Being stuck in his confusion, a pretty woman entered the room. She knew why she was there. Her confidence disgusts our gentlemen.

"My master, my name is Fah.

I'm blessed to meet you." 

Her tone irritated his hearing, and he didn't want to spend another second in the room with the lady and his parents.

"I'm not sorry for what I'm about to declare, my lady, but you came her for nothing.

I'm not going to marry you.

And for you father, I'm my own person now, not your puppet anymore.

You can't decide about my love interest. So, stop this selfish act."

With that, Pete leaved the show proud. 

Ollie watched his best friend in silence, but himself as Pete, felt relieved.

On the other hand, the hosts were paralyzed by disappointment, which they deserved for manipulations. Sadly, this explosive attitude will make Pete's moves much more isolated.

"Sir, where do you like to go?", Ollie asked.

"Sincerely, Ollie. I want to walk alone to calm myself.

You can leave."

"But, sir..."

"OLLIE, PLEASE! LEAVE ME ALONE!", the shout made his comrade step aside, scared. When his master was frustrated and angry, he was the scariest person alive. A complete tantrum, if you interfere. It was not discover yet that person who could calm his friend with its words or gestures.

                                                                                                *

After Ollie left, our hero started to run to release his stress.

He wanted to disappear. He wanted to sink into the darkest depths.

Minutes past, and he started to feel better.

Walking just by himself, without any of his bodyguards made his smile. Freedom!

Pete watched how normal families were enjoying their dinner nights with so much love. Oh, he wanted that too.

A restaurant caught his attention for its cozy environment. 

But what made his heart raising fast was a person in particular.

"He's so...

 Beautiful..."

Pete knew that he looked like a stalker by watching the man from outside through a window, but he actually didn't care for a moment.

When they made eye-contact, our hero panicked.

"Oh my god! Please, don't be scared... 

  Why wouldn't he? I look like a creep!", the master said, ashamed.

The pretty man left with a little girl and a woman by his side. That image hit him, causing him a special kind of pain, like a heartbreak.

"He's married? Maybe not?

  I think I have to find out."

                                                                                                *

At the midnight, Pete returned to his house, smiling all the time.

The servants were gossiping about it till morning, while their master fallen asleep quietly thinking about the prince who met his gaze.