Chapter 10

Arriving at home, Pete already felt tired. He wanted to go back to Way. The bond between them had become a tight one, even though it had been almost four days since they had met. 

Yes, Pete realized how it sounded, but when love is big and love is at first sight, there is no escape. The game of conquest had begun, and he would fight to the end against all those who opposed him. 

Ollie noticed his friend dejected and had tried to tease him a little, like between friends:

 "And? How was it? 

You were away from home all night." 

Wanting to shock his friend, Pete exaggerated a lot, as a joke: 

"He passed out in my arms. 

Then, I took him to the hospital, he was so sexy in that patient coat, that I was about to do unorthodox things. 

But, I did it, Ollie.

 We slept together, and it was so intense that we woke up all the neighbors. 

What can I tell you, your friend is a male bomb." 

Disgusted by the lying attitude of his friend, who was the complete opposite of the fuckboy, he replied, rolling his eyes: 

"You mean, he fainted from fatigue. 

You took him to the hospital, where after he recovered, you could barely say two words of shame to him. 

And probably, you slept with him, to make sure he doesn't feel sick again. 

Am I wrong?"

 Embarrassed that he couldn't fool his friend, Pete answered humbly: 

"You always know everything."

 "No, my dear friend. I know you."

"Dad said something about you know, my "explosive" attitude?"

"Honestly not. It surprised me too.

 I expected thunder and lightning, but this silence is also a bad sign, you know. 

Who knows what he's up to." 

"I just want them to let me breathe for a few days. 

Way is most important to me now, Ollie. 

I have never felt such sympathy and love for someone before." 

Smiling, his comrade nudged him on the shoulder, then asked enthusiastically: 

"Oh, you, are you in love?" 

Embarrassed, but happy at the same time, Pete answered honestly: 

"Yes, I'm in love. 

Cupid has reached me too, finally, Ollie." 

"I'm happy for you, my friend. I'm really glad, you know."

 Both friends had embraced each other enjoying each other.

                                                                                              *

On the other hand, Way had not listened to anyone's advice, deciding to visit his restaurant. He simply could not stand aside without seeing what was happening. Even Ink had tried to make his father understand that he needed rest, and at home, in his bed, not at work. 

His colleagues did not let him take a single step. 

Bored and upset, Way sat alone on a chair, observing all the commotion outside. 

While he was thinking like that, his phone rang. Rolling his eyes at the sight of the caller, Way hung up. 

It was his ex-wife Sara again.

"Aha, I got you!

You shut me down again, you insufferable!"

Hearing Sara's hoarse and annoying voice, not only Way sighed, but also everyone in the restaurant.

"Believe me, I'm not the one who doesn't suffer in this situation.", Way answered quietly.

"I didn't miss you, believe me. 

And not even this mess!

Good thing I escaped.

 If it wasn't for Ink, you wouldn't have seen me here again," the woman declares cruelly.

 "Yes, yes, I've heard that before. 

Do you have something new to say to me?", Way asked bored. 

"Where is Ink?" Sara asked, ready to burst out of nerves and annoyance.

 "Mom?", a patient child's voice was heard.

 "Ink, it's mommy! Come and hold me, come on!" Ink had looked carefully at her father, as a sign of approval, the girl slowly approaching her mother, without any emotion.

 "You missed mommy, didn't you?

 Look, I want you and mom to go to stepdad's house together, to meet him. 

He is a very good gentleman." 

Frowning, Ink rejected his mother's touch, yelling:

 "I HAVE A SINGLE FATHER!

 I DON'T WANT TO MEET ANY GENTLEMAN!" 

Noticing her daughter's outburst, Sara blamed Way again for her own mistakes:

 "ONLY YOU ARE TO BLAME! 

YOU DIRECTED HER AGAINST ME, WHAT A WORM YOU ARE!"

 "DON'T TALK TO FATHER LIKE THAT, BAD WOMAN!

 YOU ARE NOT MY MOTHER! 

I DON'T WANT YOU!", Ink started crying hysterically, wanting her beloved parent's hug. 

Way had taken her in his arms, to calm her down, and at the same time he had given Sara a look of murder: 

"Please, get out of here. 

You are not welcome! 

You chose since you cheated on me, the money in exchange for your daughter! 

She is a young lady now, she also realizes what has already happened. 

She is not blind like I was to believe you and accept all your lies!

 Leave!"

 Angry from the way out, Sara pounced on Way, ready to hit him, yelling:

 "Who are you, worm, to talk to me like that?"

 Her action was interrupted by a strong arm. 

The man's intervention surprised Sara. 

"Pete...", Way said in relief, ready to burst into tears of shame. Looking compassionately at Way, Pete swore to him that everything would be fine.

 "Who are you? 

You don't look like you're from these stables," Sara said curiously. 

"No ma'am. I'm here for Way, my boyfriend." 

Shocked, Sara started laughing like a maniac: 

"Yes, yes, sure. That was good."

 "I am speaking as seriously as possible, madam. 

If you don't want to have problems with me, you'd better leave. 

The door is there.

 I forgive you this time for raising your hand to my lover, but if it comes, if you don't stop, I will raise my hand to you, regardless of whether you are a woman." 

Pete's hard tone had captured the whole atmosphere.

 Everyone was speechless, especially Way.