Chapter 6

After he woke up, and was fine, Way wondered why the handsome stranger was still in his room. Not that he didn't like it, but it seemed a bit weird. 

A few hours had passed since the two of them had officially met. 

What surprised Way was that Ink had a certain comfort with this man. She liked him very much. And his daughter was the kind of child who felt what the man was like. But still, something strange was in the middle.

At this moment, Ink had fallen asleep in Pete's arms. The image made Way smile, and start to dream. Probably, it was because of the pills.

Enjoying the view, he sat and thought about the panic he had caused due to his stubbornness. If he had been careful, he wouldn't have ended up here. He had been diagnosed with malnutrition, anemia and neuralgia. Fixed why he didn't need it for his loaded program.

He has to get better, for his little one. Wait and see when his ex-wife will find out about his condition. It will cause a scandal. Ugh, he was already sick of it!

During this time, as Way contemplated, Pete found himself extremely tense. And he had seen the cause of his pain, the little Ink. Sighting, Pete gently tried to release himself from the little girl's grip, without waking her up. Succeeding, in the end, he tried to make his body function again within normal limits.

"I'm sorry for that, Mr. Savior.

 She is like a magnet when someone catches her attention.", Way said still surprised.

"Oh, it's fine! Not a big deal.

  If she's happy, I'm happy.", Pete declared those words with a full look of attachment. He already cared for this little girl a lot, he could feel it.

"Mr. Pete, why are you here? Like, really.

 What is your goal? I saw you the other night, looking out the window.

Honestly, you scared me a little. I thought you're a serial killer or something?

You're not, are you? Maybe the mafia?

My ex may have hired a Hitman to surveil or kill me.", Way's mind was making new scenarios.

"The last thing I would do would be to hurt you.

 Believe me, dear Way. It's exactly the opposite.

You have the right to be scared, because I'm a weird man.

I don't know well how to express my true emotions and feelings.

I'm an introvert.

The thing is, Way, I will sound like a crazy person now, I really like you.

It happened so fast. I didn't expected that.

Seeing your pretty face, and amazing presence made me lose my breath.

I wanted to know you better, this is why I was tonight at your restaurant.

I'm sorry if I made you think I'm a jerk or something, but I lose myself next to you, and I take all the nonsense out the mouth.

I hope I didn't alarm you too much.

But this is the real truth."

Way was flattered by Pete's words. He had not expected such a thing. The attraction between them was visible. And something meant. If both felt sympathy towards the other, it means that love was playing.

Blushing, Way responded:

"It's something weird going on here, Pete.

 Because I feel those things about you too.

You turned me into a mess tonight. My heart started rising so fast and that just because of your sight. 

It's been a while since I felt something like this so strongly."

Pete was about to burst into tears, when he heard Way's confession. He hardly restrained himself from jumping in the air with happiness, but the satisfied smile could be seen on his face.

Way caught Pete's happiness, and he smiled to himself, just as in love.

All this time, the two had a witness, who stood at the door throughout the declarations of being newly in love. It was Way's sister, Annie who was smiling like crazy, shipping those two with her whole heart.

"I came to pick up Ink and take her home.

I'm sorry for interrupting you.

You continue what you have here. Fighting! You go, bro!", Annie took the little girl in her arms, carefully without waking her, before leaving. Way, on the other hand, was dying of shame because of his sister's intervention. 

"Who is that?", Pete asked feeling jealous.

"That's my weird little sister, Annie.

She likes to put me in embarrassing situations..."

A stone was removed from his heart, Pete though to himself liberated: "IT'S HIS SISTER! THANK GOD, HE'S SINGLE!"

Seeing Pete looking to himself and smiling to one place, Way asked worriedly:

"Pete? Are you alright?

I though I'm the one with the head problems.", Way stated sarcastic.

"I'm fine, just...

 How can I say that nicely.

I though that girl was your wife or something. Hi, Hi!", Pete sounded so dumb. He heard himself, and wanted to dig his own hole, and then throw himself into it, and to write on his headstone: "Rest in peace. Here rests the STUPID IDIOT PETE!"

"I have an ex-wife, if this is what you wanted to hear.

But we are not in good terms, unfortunately.", Way sighed.

"Why? What happened between you two?

If you want to answer me and you feel comfortable.", Pete assured him.

"She cheated on me with a rich man, then she left me and Ink for him. The end.."

"What a bi*ch!"

 I'm sorry! That was too loud! I'm sorry, Way!

But I can't help it!, Pete excused himself, burying his head in the ground with nerves, thinking:

"How could you make fun of two of such wonderful things! How mean and narcissistic to be! I will make that woman pay for what she did! Nobody hurts the soul of his future husband! Absolutely nobody!"

"Pete, are you sure that you're ok?

It's the second time you're thinking like you're in trance.

What are you planning?", Way asked worried.

"Our first date, Way.

Would you like to come with me? After you recover, of course.", Pete was sweating.

Not knowing how to proceed, because he never dated a guy before, Way answered curious about the future:

"Sure, Pete.

 I would love too."

A message from Ollie interrupted all the love tension: "Sir, your father is waiting for you at the mansion. Come asap!" 

Irritated, Pete excused himself regretfully:

"I have to leave now, my dear Way.

  But I promise I will be back in few hours when you will be discharged."

Before disappearing, Pete with a little courage, had made a surprising gesture for Way.

He gave him a kiss on the forehead.

Way was overwhelmed with emotion: "Oh, God!"