Chapter 13

Pete had been bothered by Daniel's annoying little appearance. His cousin was a cruel person, whom he did not want to have anything to do with. But apparently Dan had something for him, some kind of obsession. In fact, he always had.

Since they were little, they had always argued and beaten each other, because none of them wanted to be inferior. They had always fought for supremacy. At least Pete wasn't as insufferable as Dan.

But this obsession, this hatred had to stop, at least for the moment.

He already had his father on his head, his mother and the woman who wanted his fortune.

Pete sighed and tried to calm down. In a few hours he would meet Way, having a dream date.

It was time for his love to see the future.

Only thinking about the beauty of Way enchanted Pete's soul, forgetting all his problems.

He had dreamed of this meeting from the first moment he saw Way.

Oh, he was going to impress his love, making him happy, making him feel fulfilled.

He wanted to have a family more than anything.

"Pete, be careful not to scare him!

Tonight you have to show your best.

This can be the beginning of your escape from monotony, from this prison.

Way is the key to your happiness, and no one else!"

He swore all these things by looking in front of the mirror, as if in front of him was another, much stronger Pete. Sighing, he looked in the mirror once more, before starting to prepare for the magical evening.

Way, on the other hand, was just as agitated. He hadn't been on a date since the divorce. He had tried a little to interact with other women on social networks and through small interactions at his restaurant, but he had never ended up on a proper date.

But this time the situation was different.

It was the first time he would have gone out on a date with another man. Emotions made his whole body tremble. Especially since he also had certain feelings of sympathy for Pete.

Ever since he divorced Sara, Way had lived with the impression that he would never find someone, even though most of his friends and colleagues told him that he was still young and not to make a tragedy out of it.

Oh, he should have listened to his mother, when the poor thing was still alive. She had warned him about Sara, but now it was too late.

The longing for his mother was deeply implanted in his heart, because she had been his only parent.

He had been raised alone by an extraordinary woman, from whom he had learned to cook delicacies. That is why his restaurant had been opened in memory of his beloved mother.

The time was approaching, and Way still hadn't decided what to wear. Any clothes seemed ugly to him, as if nothing was going as it should. We have all been in this situation.

But inside he knew that Pete would not judge him:

"Oh, Pete, you're such a good man!

What have I done to deserve you in my life?

I'm just a poor single father..."

                                                                                              *

Pete had been waiting for Way in front of his house alone, holding an exquisite box.

He had asked Ollie to stand aside this time, only wanting to handle it himself. Pete was sweating with shame.