Chapter 3

Way woke up with a heavy headache. It was the sixth time this month. 

The coffee didn't helped him that much, but what could he do? Maybe it was too tired, maybe he didn't ate properly, but he had to work. 

Yes, it was stressful, but he liked what he was doing. He wanted to be a chef since childhood, and now he has his own restaurant with an amazing team. 

And the one that it's making him feel the most blessed man in the world is his princess, Ink.

Speaking of her, she had to go to school in thirty minutes, so he was about to wake her up, when his phone called. 

Way verified it, and he saw something that annoyed him. 

The call was from his ex-wife. He decided to ignore it, for the sake of his day and heath. Our hero was not in the mood for Sara's arrogant attitude. 

Back to serious things, he continued what to had to do according to the program. 

In the meantime, the phone was still ringing madly.

                                                                                            *

After he dropped his daughter at school, it was the time for him to open his place, for people to enjoy his fine dishes. 

Besides the fact that the headache was bothering him, he found the will to smile when he offered the food to the customers. His teammates knew about this pain, and they started to get worried day by day. 

Eloise, Way's sous chef, advised her boss with sympathy:

"Sir, I think you should go and see a doctor. You can't endure the pain any longer. We are scared.

  And don't worry about the restaurant, we can handle it. 

  But please, your health is more important than anything."

Our hero looked at his friends with his eyes full of love and appreciation. Oh, they were such good kids, they reminded of him when he was young and full of aspirations. 

"Oh, my darlings, thank you for your concern.

  Fine, I will make an appointment from tomorrow onwards."

"Do you want another coffee, sir?

 Maybe it will help.

 I will put some chocolate, cream and caramel on it, because you deserve it."

"Thank you, Non, I really appreciate it.", saying thanks to his barista.

 Before enjoying his coffee, the clock showed 5:45 PM, a quarter of an hour before chaos.

                                                                                                 *

The place was full again.

Really great to Way's wallet, but pretty painful for his body. The headache strikes again, but much harder that last time.

He tried to concentrate and ignore the pain once again, before finishing the dish that he was preparing. 

Way liked to deliver the food by himself to the clients, because he felt fulfill watching them being satisfied about it. 

Being busy with the discussions, his attention had been captured for a few minutes by an attractive presence. It was the man from the other night, that he saw looking from outside the restaurant's window.

The stranger politely sat down at the table. It could be seen that he was educated in a high-ranking family. And if so, what was he doing in this modest neighborhood?

"Weird.", Way thought.

He tried not to look too long at the handsome man, but he couldn't not observe his classy aura. It was so attracted to it, like something was connecting them. 

Lost in his delusional thoughts, he has caught. The gaze of the Chinese looking man captured his. Way was so red, and his heart fluttered like crazy. What was going on?

"Excuse me, dear. Can I order something?", even his voice made Way melt. It never happened this to him before. Our hero was completely perplexed.

"Yes, sir?", one of the waiters asked.

"I was asking that pretty man, not you.", the stranger said clear, looking at Way's direction.

"But, sir...

  He's the chef.", the stuff clarified politely.

"Really? Then, I can't wait to taste... his dishes.

  I'm curious what those hands can do.", the seductively tone and stare of his made Way more hot. The man knew the power that he was holding, and he didn't came here to play. The stranger came on purpose to provoke Way's inner thoughts.

Our pretty man on the other hand, he woke up to reality, running into the kitchen to continue his work. 

"C'mon, Way, you're too old for this.

 Don't act like a horny teenager, please.", his mind was messed up: confused, intrigued, guilty, full of desire.

"Please, can you bring this order to that good-looking man right there?", our hero asked his teammate.

"Sure, boss."

"Thanks a lot."

But the order came back.

"Sir, he said that it will only accept the order from the chef's hands."

Astonished, Way rolled his eyes, before taking the initiative to bring the order to the man that made his existence more difficult. 

But, in his way to the table, the pain returned harder than ever. 

In seconds, the eyes saw darkness and his breath started to fade. He was about to collapsed.

"PAPA! PAPA!

  PLEASE, SOMEONE, HELP PAPA!"

He recognized the voice of his daughter, but as everything else, started to disappear like his conscience.

"It's fine, baby! I'm here!

 You're in good hands now."

A deep voice declared, the man holding his weak body in his arms, hearing ambulance sirens in the background. 

"Don't tell me is the Chinese looking guy...

  Oh, God, I'm so embarrassed that I'm glad that I'm passing out.", Way though before the darkness swallowed him.