Chapter 15

Way couldn't believe what he had heard. He had felt extremely affected by what he had just found out.

The man in front of him was the one because of which his family had fallen apart. He was the man with whom his ex-wife had cheated on him, and for whom she had left his family. A rich bastard.

And apparently, he also knew Pete. He was here to ruin their evening and make fun of Pete.

Way felt a disturbing nausea, his head had started to throb from so many nerves and frustration. Why always when he was happy and satisfied, something had to intervene and destroy everything?

This time, our protagonist was not going to let himself be trampled on. He would fight for his happiness, he would fight for Ink and for his new light, Pete.

Blushing from nerves, Way had begun to tremble. Noticing Way, Pete had become panicked:

"My love, are you okay?"

Clenching his palms into deep fists, Way tensed his fragile body, ready to act, not caring about the possible consequences.

Breathing uncontrollably, Way looked deep into Pete's eyes, asking for his forgiveness, before shaking the existence of the evil piece.

"So, you are the scoundrel who got into my family and broke it up!

Because of you, I suffered so much!

For a bastard, my little girl cried all night, because her mother left her!

AND NOW YOU HAVE THE AUDACITY TO BE HERE AND RUIN MY EVENING?

WHAT A NONSENSE!!

I WILL MAKE YOU PAY!", at that moment, Way had hit Dan directly in the face with a hateful force. Even though the punch hurt badly after, because he was not used to fighting with other men, he got stronger and hit Dan again and again, until he was stopped by Pete, who was speechless with astonishment.

Way was a bundle of nerves, shaking from so much adrenaline. Pete had hugged him, trying to calm him down, for his own health, because these outings weren't good, for someone who wasn't used to it.

Pete, too, had refrained from laughing or smiling. He had personally always wanted to give Daniel a good beating, as he deserved it for how superior he thought he was, but he had always refrained.

The image in which Way had pounced on Dan would remain forever embedded in his brain, and every time he would have fun and feel proud of his love.

In pain, Daniel stood up, completely exhausted. He had not expected one like this. Way looked weak, but in fact, he was very strong. Bleeding, instead of screaming and looking disturbed, Daniel started laughing like a maniac.

Way was scared by such a reaction, on the other hand Pete was aware of Daniel's sado-masochistic madness, he was used to him since childhood.

"Oh dear Way, you're more interesting than I ever thought!" Dan yelled, his eyes sparkling with desire.

"Neither did I expect you to have this insensitive attitude and to show yourself in my face with such nonchalance after what you did to me.", answered Way ready to jump on Dan again, but Pete held him in tight arms, to not escape.

"Interesting, very interesting.

I'll remember tonight, Way, believe me!

Until the next meeting, be careful what you do.

I can't wait to see you again, and I assure you that next time, it will be just the two of us.", declared Dan with the desire to affect Pete.

Pete, on the other hand, had felt the irony, and decided not to answer Dan, even though he knew that he was definitely threatening him.