Chapter 5

At the hospital, Pete was incredibly agitated. He didn't knew what happened, and he felt sorry for the beautiful man which he really cared of, even if he didn't knew him that well.

Love is a wonderful feeling, but weird at the same time. It hits you without being prepared.

And now, our hero was in this kind of situation.

Now, let's rewind a little bit the events before the incident with the Way's collapsed happened.

As you know, Pete came to see his love interest at his restaurant, trying to get his attention. He tried to stay stable, not wanting to show weakness. So, he entered in his role of cold male, but inside our hero was dying of emotion. 

He never did this before. But now, he was so hypnotized by the power of love the he could not control himself. 

The pretty man was in front of him, offering clients comfort through his wonderful smile. Pete remained silent, looking towards the wonderful being whose burning black eyes enchanted him.

Their crossed gaze made the world freeze in time, as if there were only the two of them on this world. Pete couldn't control his mind:

"I would do everything to see that face every morning when I wake up. That smile must be offered only to me. I'm already jealous. And I act like a madman. You will scare him. Lock back! Don't be too obvious! But I have to do something. Oh, whatever! I have to act!"

He took his heart in his chest and asked calmly, without revealing himself:

"Excuse me, dear. Can I order something?"

After waking up to reality, Pete was greeted by a waiter, ready to take his order:

"Yes, sir?"

Confused, Pete replied:

"I was asking that pretty man, not you.", looking at the his man with gratitude.

"But sir...

  He's the chef.", the stuff clarified politely.

Pete didn't expected that. That man was not just a pretty face, he was a whole package. A perfect wife, indeed. He had to flirt now, how much as he could:

"Really? Then, I can't wait to taste (Pete, control yourself, you're not a pervert)...his dishes.

I'm curious what those hands can do."

Pete felt like slapping himself hard on the forehead for how stupid he had sounded. It was like he was a playboy. He didn't know how he would survive those hours.

The menu had countless dishes, including his favorite, the green curry: "I swear that if I taste it, and it will be phenomenal, I won't wait any longer, and I will come the next day with the ring. And I sound like an obsessive. Oh, God!"

After a while, the same waiter brough him the food. Why had his love come to everyone himself to offer them food, and not to him? It didn't seem right:

"I will not eat this dish, until the chef personally comes to me to offer it to me.", Pete declared offended.

His wish came true. 

Here we has, coming towards him, but something didn't seemed fine. 

His face was so pale, and he trembled. 

A scared voice of a little girl was heard in the background:

"PAPA! PAPA!

  PLEASE, SOMEONE, HELP PAPA!"

Pete had to react, this was his drama hero moment. Worried, he held the prince in his arms. It seemed so fragile, as he was made of porcelain. So precious! Pete had promised to himself that he would take care of this wonderful heavenly creature for the rest of his life. Crying with fear and uncertainly, Pete tried to make his loved one calm down:

"It's fine, baby! I'm here!

You're in good hands now."

His Juliet collapsed letting a terrified Romeo behind, with the sounds of ambulance in the background spoiling the tragic romantic atmosphere.

That's how we ended up in the present, in the waiting room where Pete was struggling. The wait was driving him crazy. 

"Oh, God! I hope he's alright...

 It's only our first meeting and I've already put him in the grave. What a macabre joke you made Pete!

I hate myself sometimes! You are good for nothing!"

His thought were heard through all the room, making him feel more awkward.

"You know papa?", a cute voice asked curious.

It was the little girl from earlier, and Pete realized quickly: "Oh, right. She's his daughter. Pete, be nice. You have to impress her, not to traumatized her. Don't be rigid!"

After a few seconds of analyses, Pete had tried to answer pleasantly and gently:

"Not really, but I like your father. He seems a good person."

"He is. Papa is my hero. I love him so much.

  I want him to be fine. Please, tell me that my dad will be fine.", the little sweetheart started crying, and Pete's heart melted. She was so pure. Oh, poor baby...

"Oh, little princess, don't worry, your father will be fine.

  We must wait, that's all. Now, come here, I want to give you a hug.

  Don't be scared.", the angel understood and executed. Her little arms around his neck made him feel so warm, a sensation that he never felt before: "This is how to be a father feels like?", Pete thought to himself.

"Thank you, Mr. Savior.

  My name is Ink. Nice to meet you, sir."

Her wide smile made her eyes disappear. A treasure she was.

Pete had wiped away her little tears, then introducing himself:

"Nice to meet you, Ink. I'm Pete or Mr. Savior to you."

"For salon 14, anyone in the family? The patient woke up."

The doctor voice interrupted the conversation, making the two of them rushed to the salon when his man was.

"PAPA! YOU'RE AWAKE! I WAS SO CONCERNED! ME AND AUNTIE BECAME DISPERED!", Ink shouted at the top of her lungs with happiness.

"I'm sure you did, honey. Come here, I need a kiss for you. That's my real antidote."

Seeing them together and reunited woke something inside of Pete. He felt that he was part of this world of theirs, and that he was what they needed.

Surprised, the pretty man looked at him, waiting for an explanation for why our hero was there. Ink understood his father concern and started talking:

"Papa, this is Mr. Savior or ..."

 "Pete. You can call me Pete.", our hero continued with shyness in his tone.

 The pretty man looked deep at him one more time, before smirking as if he had been defeated.

"Nice to meet you, Pete, but I think I like Mr. Savior better.

  I'm Way. And this is Ink, but you know that already, I guess."

"Way...

  Oh, dear! PeteWay. That sounds lovely! We are going to be iconic together. 

  I can guarantee that.", Pete started dreaming again in his thoughts full of opportunities.