Chapter 12.5.3 Shattered Remains

Author's Note: Hey guys, so like I know I've been gone for a while cuz I've been going through some stuff and I apologize for that. So like I worked real hard on this scene with Alias and Ruby and it gets pretty violent. it was supposed to be a short chapter but my god I'm a lunatic. I had to split one chapter into four parts and that got me mad. It'd be shorter but when I saw Vol 9 Chapter 8 with Neo I got traumatized. but then I decided to use those elements in this chapter. I hate putting our girl Ruby through this kind of stuff but it took understanding the fear of what happened to her to understand why it's crucial to her growth. I hate it, I really do. But I went off the rails with this chapter as I really wanted ramp up the tension for our precious pudding pop. Please forgive me if this scares you and don't hate me. Alias isn't the monster we think he is.

3rd Person POV:

The only thing anyone could hear was Ruby screaming that her weapon had shattered. Weiss and Blake were brought to tears and fear seized the Ace Ops and Happy Huntresses hearts. The rest of Ruby's friends were paralyzed with shock. Penny had no expression.

"No, no, no!" Tears cascaded down Ruby's face as she sobbed. "Not my Crescent Rose!

Alias walked up to her menacingly. " Oh, Ho! Now, what will you do without your weapon?" Ruby was left speechless. She couldn't say anything, she couldn't do anything. Her legs had gone numb from fear, and her arms wouldn't stop shaking. Her vision blurred, her breathing was shallow, and her heart was pounding so hard all of Argus could hear it. She just shook and waited for Alias to get close to her. 

"What? No comment? No dramatic comeback? I was expecting more from you, young Rose

"What? No comment? No dramatic comeback? I was expecting more from you, young Rose." Alias slapped her. "Get up, little girl!"

Struggling to stand, Ruby launched a weak punch, but Alias easily countered, grabbing her wrist and delivering a punishing blow to her stomach. "Is that the best you can do?"

Ruby grabbed the remains of her weapon and attempted to stab Alias, but he roundhoused her face. "Why are you even doing this? Still think you can be a hero being as weak as you are? The world doesn't need someone like you, so why are you trying?"

Through gritted teeth, Ruby asserted, "Fighting like this is the best I can do for the world!"

Alias's demeanor turned menacingly as he taunted her, "Who are you to say you know what's best for the world?" Alias flung Ruby into the air with a sudden burst of power, his elongated arms delivering relentless blows, each strike echoing like thunder. "Still think you can be a hero like this? Still, think you can live up to your mother's legacy!?"

 "Still think you can be a hero like this? Still, think you can live up to your mother's legacy!?"