4.8 Grand Escape

Y/N and Yelena continued to run through the halls of the HYDRA hideout looking for the computer terminal. 

Y/N: If Starr's created more drones like that then they could take out loads of people in an instant.

Yelena: And I bet Zola's algorithm is processed into their targeting features. Thousands of people will die.

Y/N: Right. Which is why we need to stand tall and- woah!

He fell back as his suit malfunctioned and the regulator sparked. He was forcefully shrunk down as he fell back. Yelena stopped and turned around to see that he was only about a foot tall.

Y/N: Hank, what the hell is going on with this thing?

Hank: It's a prototype, Y/N. There are still a few bugs.

Y/N: Few bugs my ass!

Yelena was watching the little man struggle with his suit. She was failing miserably at holding back a laugh as a smile crept its way onto her face. 

The two then heard someone walking down the hall towards their direction. Thinking quickly, Yelena opened the door to a small storage room and the two went inside. She closed the door and the two hid inside while the person in the hall walked by.

Still messing with his regulator, Y/N suddenly grew to a large size. His head hit the roof, causing some of the ceiling tiles to crack and fold in on themselves. Yelena couldn't hold it back anymore and started to laugh at him.

Y/N: Are you laughing? This is funny to you? Can you please just give me some help here?

Yelena: Alright, alright, big man. Old man, what am I looking at?

Hank began to talk to her and guide her on how to fix the suit.

Hank: Look at his regulator belt. That should give you access to the resizing coils.

She bent over Y/N's knee and worked on his belt. She slid the regulator device to the side as it opened up to reveal a small panel and a short circuiting motherboard.

Hank: What do you see?

Yelena: It looks to be busted a bit. I think I can push it back into place until we can get you to look at it yourself.

She started to push back the motherboard and fix some of the coils. In doing so, the belt sparked and caused Y/N to jolt.

Y/N: Oww!

Yelena looked at him. He was biting his lip, trying to hide the pain that was now close to his groin.

Yelena: Sorry.

Y/N: It's all cool. 

Following Hank's instructions, the blonde woman continued to fix some of the circuitry in the belt. She then pressed a few blue buttons as the suit reset its programing.