chapter 3

1270+ words

-----*------*------*-----*-----*------*------*----
Author pov.........

.....Aarya's head was pounding as she slowly opened her eyes to a room she did not recognize. Confusion set in as she realized she was wearing a man's shirt. Panic washed over her as she scanned the room, searching for any clue about the previous night. Her eyes fell upon a neatly folded note and some money placed on the bedside table.

.
.

Shakily, Aarya picked up the note and began to read the words scrawled across the paper. It was a message from the man she had apparently spent the night with. He explained that he had an urgent meeting to attend and had left, saving his number in her phone and he also settled the room bill and put some money for her breakfast. Aarya's heart sank, but she forced herself to remain composed. She felt a mix of emotions swirling within her

.
.

Struggling to control her emotions, Aarya pushed herself out of bed, but her legs betrayed her as a sharp pain shot through her body. Ignoring the discomfort, she made her way to the bathroom, her mind racing with unanswered questions. As she caught sight of her reflection in the mirror, Aarya gasped. Her body was covered in a tapestry of love bites, a vivid reminder of the passion of the night before.

.
.

Feeling a mix of embarrassment and vulnerability, Aarya sank into the bathtub, letting the warm water soothe her aching body. Her thoughts swirled as she tried to make sense of the situation. After what felt like an eternity, she emerged from the bath, slightly refreshed but still overwhelmed by the events of the night.

.
.

Dressing in her rumpled clothes from the previous evening, Aarya noticed a stack of money on the table along with the note and a business card bearing the man's name. She hesitated for a moment, unsure of what to do next. Despite the whirlwind of emotions churning inside her, Aarya gathered her belongings and made her way out of the room.

.
.

As she stepped into the hallway, the morning light flooded in, illuminating the corridor. Aarya took a deep breath, steeling herself for the unknown that lay ahead. She clutched the man's business card in her hand, a tangible reminder of the fleeting connection they shared.

.
.

After some time........

. As she opened the front door of her modest house, the cold silence enveloped her. The only sound that filled the air was the echo of her steps.

.
.

Upon entering, she was immediately met with the accusatory gaze of her stepmother, Mrs. Prasad. Before Aarya could even respond, a sharp slap landed on her cheek, sending her stumbling backward to the floor with a startled gasp.

.
.

"Where were you last night, Aarya?!" Mrs parsad's voice was sharp with anger as she towered over Aarya.

.
.

Aarya's father, Mr. Parsad, who had been sitting in the living room reading the newspaper, looked up in shock at the commotion. "How could you do this, Aarya? Explain yourself!" he demanded, his voice tinged with disappointment.

.
.

Struggling to her feet, Aarya tried to explain, "I was drugged by Priya, I swear! I didn't do it intentionally."

.
.

But before she could finish her sentence, Mrs. Parsad's hand struck her again, the force of the blow sending Aarya reeling.