TWENTY

Leilani slid down the wall as soon as the door to the kitchens closed and immediately, she burst down in tears. She couldn't help it nor could she prevent it. Drawing her knees up to her chest, she buried her face down as her whole body racked with sobs.

She hadn't been prepared to ever have to face her again. The fear of ever becoming like her had made Leilani push the memory of Bellatrix Lestrange deep down and it wasn't until today that those memories burst into the open.

The worst part of it was that everyone heard.

He heard.

She wonders what he must think of her now.

Leilani didn't even hear the sound of the door opening and closing and it wasn't until she felt a soft touch on the side of her thigh that she glanced up. Weasley stood crouching in front of her eyes searching her face with a slight furrow to his brow. His hand stroked the side of her thigh as he tried to get in touch with her. "Leilani?"

She didn't respond, only glanced down as soon as they got a second of eye contact. The truth was that she felt ashamed. Ashamed of what he'd seen and heard in that classroom. Ashamed of what he may think of her now.

His hand made contact with her chin and gently he lifted her head and met her eyes. He exhaled softly as a teardrop fell from her eye when she blinked and without hesitating, he brushed it away. Weasley didn't say anything. Instead he moved to sit beside her and before she had a chance to protest, he brought her into his side.

Leilani felt her heart speed up as his arm wrapped around her and brought her close. She gulped "Weasley, what are you doing?"

"I'm giving you a hug" He replied simply with a shrug "That always makes me feel better when i'm sad"

She glanced down at her feet "I'm-...I'm not sad"

"Of course you're not" He chuckled softly "Well, no matter. It just makes me feel better"

She paused, feeling overwhelmed by the secure feeling of being in his arms, the scent of his cologne and everything about it. Leilani huffed, not bothering to protest. It wouldn't do anything anyway.

"See?" He said with a grin "You're already feeling better"

She scoffed, but it lacked any sort of fire. Leilani felt exhausted and without thinking about it she exhaled and melted into his side. Weasley didn't say anything but she did feel the pressure of his lips on the top of her forehead, making her heart soften. She glanced up at him, wondering why he was here. "Aren't you going to ask?"

"Ask what?" He was playing dumb, so she raised a brow which made him huff "No i'm not going to ask. You'll tell me if you feel like it"

"What if i don't?"

"Then nothing. I'll stay here with you as long as you wish"

Leilani paused, then she sat up away from him and leaned against the wall again, avoiding eye contact. He glanced at her in worry, but before he could say anything she spoke "I- I did some things during the war"

Weasley nodded "We all did"

"No not like that" She sighed "Weasley...you remember how I have problems with my wand?"

"Yes," He replied, furrowing his brows "What about it?"

Leilani glanced away, scratching her arm feeling self conscious "I did...awful things during the war. Things I regret. Things I still have nightmares about...things i did with my wand"

His face lit in understanding "That's why you're terrified of it"

"I'm not terrified" She bit back "I just...I feel the pain i caused others"