Chapter 16 (Ryujin)

Yeji's POV

"We're announcing the participants moving on!" The announcer says from the stage and we are all called to the front. Bang Pd comes to the front and grabs a mic..

"The next evaluation will consist of dance solo performances—due to a few drop outs who decided to leave and give up on this round we face a fewer number of survivors than expected... we will be taking 6-10 participants this time.." I gasp slightly, only six! We won't make it, last round we barely made past fifteen out of sixty three in JYP. I'm cooked~

"From SM it's going to be Ning YIZHUO, Julia CHOI, Chaewon KIM, Jiwoo YUN, Yang YANG, and from Hybe," five... "Yeonjun CHOI, Beomgyu CHOI, Soobin CHOI, Yuna SHIN,Jimin YU, Aeri CHO, Minjeong KIM, and for JYP..." six?! is it going up I shouldn't be to worried right?!

"Hyunjin HWANG, Minho LEE, Felix LEE, Chaeryeong LEE, Ryujin SHIN, Haewon KIM, Kyujin JANG, and Yeji HWANG" eight... and I made it! I mean if seungmin and jeongin had participated I'd be done for... but thank the heavens I made it.

I look at chae and ryu "we made it guys." I say with a smile "yeah but then we have to face each other for the dance evaluation~" chaeryeong whined as we started making our way backstage "that's even more of a reason to work hard to make sure we're facing each other at semifinals!" Ryujin says with a wide grin.

I nod in agreement repeatedly "yeah! Yeah!" Chaeryeong sighs "you guys are impossible..." she looks at me "unnie, about yesterday I'm sorry." She says as she looks down. I look over at Ryujin and then back at chaeryeong "don't apologize, I'm fine.." I say with a smile.

We're interrupted by Aeri Minjeong and Karina I roll my eyes "oh you're rolling your eyes... wish you could pronounce English that well, bitch" Karina says as she pokes my face "yeah? That's a lot coming from someone who barely made it out of elementary school.." I say back at her.

"What cats got your tongue?" Ryujin teases "oh shut up..for someone who forgot half of her lyrics, you shouldn't open your crap" Aeri hisses "you didn-"

I was about to back ryu up but Ryujin suddenly spoke "just like how your dad forgot you at my doorstep? You're always out bullying me, but I let you be because I pity you and understand that that's how someone turns out when they aren't loved. But I've had enough, don't forget you still live under my roof and my parents treated you like their own, even sometimes more than me because of your 'situation' you piece of abandoned worthless shit. Watch you're tongue or I'll get rid of it for ya,"

She turns back chae and I "I'm gonna get some ice cream, see you next week" chae and I nod. We turn back to Aeri and chaeryeong snickers "you might've memorized that rap, but ryu made it from scratch in two days, you don't even know the difference between a rhythm and rhyme so shut up...you don't have any bars" she says and I mumble something that they only can hear "and parents too apparently, we kind of are alike, but I'm not a bitch"

"Chaeryeong, let's go." Chaeryeong and I leave, Aeri on the verge of tears as Minjeong and Karina glare at us.

Ryujin's POV

As I reach the creamery Yeji and chaeryeong usually go to, I order mint chocolate flavored ice-cream.

To be honest I hate mint chocolate, but it's just what I need when I have too much on my mind, I just focus on how disgusting the ice-cream is.

I take a seat on the bar and feel someone seat next to me, I look over and see a familiar face... one of Yeonjun's friends "you're the pretty nuna's friend! Can I catch your name beautiful woman" well he's flirty "pretty nuna? Who Yeji?" I ask "yes her, Yeonjun's special someone." He says placing his hand on his chin waiting for me to answer he's previous question.

"Ryujin, Shin Ryujin. You?" He looks taken aback but then smirks "what?" I ask him "nothing it's just, it's the first time I've had to tell someone my name in years, usually people know my name, I'm Choi Beomgyu. Does that name ring a bell?" I raise a brow.

"The only thing I knew was that they were three Choi's and people mostly talk about Soobin and Yeonjun, I thought the third one was their servant." I shrug as he smiles but his brow twitches. I turn back to the front with a chuckle as my ice-cream arrives.

"Ew mint choco?!" Beomgyu says "got a problem with me eating this agreeably disgusting toothpaste-like ice cream Choi?" I say as he chuckles "you don't like it do yah? Why are you eating eat then?" He asks he's face playful "no reason, fuck off choi.." I say looking away "to take your mind off of your feeling and current situation?" He guesses.

I slowly look at him "and so what if it's the case?" I say my face emotionless "how old are you "17? Why?" He hums "sane age as me. Ice cream isn't gonna be your remedy forever, come with me." He says as he places money on my table and drags me out of the creamery.

As we arrive a dark alley I pull my wrist from his "where are you taking me?" I say as I look up him "helping you de-focus, and remove your automatic dnd feature." He say putting out his hand for me to take, I look down at his hand and back up at him "what?" I say "alcohol. Ever had some?" He asks me as his hand rests on his hip. I shake my head "I'm a minor.." he chuckles "age is just a number my little Ryuryu... it won't hurt you, I started two years ago, and alcohol is far more better than ice-cream"

I look up at him, doubtful "my parents won't," I sigh "fine but you take responsibility." He nods "of course, darling." He takes out his hand again, this time, I take it. Already regretting it.

Beomgyu's POV

I'm shocked it's only been twenty minutes and she's already drunk so much. We came to a place I usually go to get away from my problems, my dad , I thought she would like it "darling, I think I should take yo home." I say reaching my hand to a drunk Ryujin "I can't...go....home...like,tHiS~" she said face palming herself "momma's gonna like Aeri more if I come....homeee like this..." I raise a brow and take a sip of my whiskey.

'Right, I heard their fight backstage, I should get some info.' "Are you and Aeri-chan sisters?" I ask and turn to her, she scoffs, and shakes her head "step sisters, she's adopted, my parents found her at our doorstep when she was five." She slurs.

I nod "you don't seem on good terms with her.." I she nods and looks down tears swelling in her eyes, "yes we aren't, my parents always favored her and treated her better, she was always prettier, smarter and more talented than me, because of the way she was treated I think it got to her head and she started treating me like shit but not infront of my parents, always making me look bad. I hate her... sHe ShOuLd JuSt DiE!!" I hurry up and cover her mouth "don't say that, you don't actually want her to die, never say that. I'm taking you home."

I take either side of her shoulders and I walk her out of the bar "I'm taking you to my home, how that that sound?" I say with a kind smile looking down at her while we wait at the bus stop. Someone grabs her hand,

"Absolutely not, I'm taking her home." I look up.
"Lee?"
"Choi."

I sigh "I'm sorry but I'm taking her at mines, she's totally wasted, she needs my help" but Felix grabs her and she slams into his chest, he glared at me but he's eyes softened when Ryujin spoke "Felix? FeLiX! OmG hIi! Guess what I drank WhiskEyyy~ and BeEr today," he then pats her head "I can't take you to your house like this, should I take you at mine?" He asks softly "Beomgyu, Beomgyu was already taking me at his, he askEd firrrst. So I wiLl go at his, wE can hang oUt though~" she said and went and took my hand. Felix's face dropped as low as his mother- I'll skip that.

"Ryujin, you shouldn't hang around beomgyu." Felix said "and why the fuck not, freckle face?" I spit back "we both know why dumb octopus." He hisses... "Let's just get going darling. We have to get you to my place safe.." I say and we get to my car. 'I should have left her with her ice cream' I sigh.