Metamorphosis

on the way finding the real you, you must accept that it might mean the death of what everyone thought you to be

just as the caterpillar dissolves within its silken chrysalis to be reborn as a breathtaking winged creature, so must you courageously shed the confining skin society has draped upon you.

metamorphosis is an alchemical change that consumes the false self in the flaming furnace of truth. allow the limitless richness of your soul's pigments to be revealed, luminescent and ever-changing like a monarch's wings catching light. each layer that is burnt away reveals more of your inner light.

fear not, as rules and misconceptions shriveled like shedding debris, revealing the immaculate essence. be the butterfly, unfurling its fragile wings for the first time; spread your metaphorical wings and soar into a new dimension of self-actualization.

what was formerly a looping, earthbound life will become heavenly flight on free-flowing wings of liberation. the world cannot identify the kaleidoscopic spirit that is taking shape any more than a scientist can create a collection of butterfly dances.

allow the stifling cocoon to fall away. shake off the parching dust that would keep you grounded and emerge, zigzagging through the dazzling atmosphere of your most elevated nature.

there is no going back to who you thought yourself to be, only the freedom to exhibit your real colors and flutter unrestrained - ever a seeker, ever a pollinator spreading your replenishing light to awaken the universe once more.

|prose poetry|
myinkspeaks