Chapter 16

WARNING: THIS CHAPTER TALKS ABOUT RAPE. NOT ACTUAL RAPING. JUST KICKING. BUT IT MENTIONS RAPE, AND IF THAT ANNOYS YOU, PLEASE DO NOT READ THIS CHAPTER. IT'S NOT THAT BAD BUT STILL I DON'T WANT TO MAKE YOU UNCOMFORTABLE, SO FAIR WARNING.

Tyler kept kicking me. I screamed of shock. "Stop it!"
"Ahh, so do you want to break up with Jaycob now? Cuz I can do this all day. I don't have any other plans," he said, smirking and stopping for a second. I sighed with relief. "Ahh. Finally," I said, exhausted.

Suddenly, the door broke. There's a hole in the door! Then, Jaycob walked in. "That's it! Get out!" he said to Tyler. "Make me!" Jaycob shoved him out of the room and closed the door as fast as he could.

My eyes brightened and my heart healed. "You saved me! Thanks so much!" I said, hugging him. "No problem," he said, winking. "I know that rape is a pretty traumatizing experience, so.."

"Yeah, no shit."

He giggled, and smiled at me. "Aw, Emma, I love your sarcasm. It's so... cute." Cute? What? I blushed. I giggled a little. We're so cute together!

"I'm so glad that you're safe now, Emma."
"Me too," I said. "But there's always a chance that he... you know.. does that again."
"He won't on my watch."
"Thanks, Jaycob. You're my hero."

He hugged me. "Glad to hear that. I love you, Emma," he said, winking. "Me too," I said, winking back and smiling.

We stayed in that position for a moment, taking in each other's presence. "Any exciting things coming up in school, Jaycob?" I asked. "Yes, actually. Tomorrow's... wait.. what's tomorrow? Hold on, let me check, actually. I think it's picture day..."

He checked his calendar. "Yes, tomorrow's picture day." I nodded. "Ok." He nodded back. "And then, after that's the ring ceremony..."

Ring ceremony? All I knew about the ring ceremony was that it took place in mid to late February. Not mid March. "What's that like?" I asked. "Oh, it's pretty much where we buy rings in advance, and we customize the color. We also have to give a meaningful speech, and we also have to have other people turn our rings. By tradition, it's our classmates." I nodded. "Oh, okay."

Jaycob looked at his phone. "It's 10:00. Wanna go to bed? We need rest for school tomorrow. Picture day." I nodded. "Sure."

Without any trouble, I fell asleep beside him.