Chapter 14

"Jaycob! What do I do?" I whispered. "Just.. just hide under the bed. I'll go see who it is. It might be my parents, and they wouldn't want you here either. "Okay," I said, jumping down and crawling under his bed.

Jaycob opened the door. "Hey! Who's this?"

My heart beat really fast, and I was shaking. What's he gonna say? I could feel my heartbeat everywhere, it was so loud. Even in the most random places.

Tyler's feet were near the bed. As I saw them, I got even more scared. I held in my breath.

"So, you're here for Emma?" he asked. "Uh, duh. Of course." Jaycob looked down, in an attempt to look somber. "Oh, well... uh.. sorry to say, but, like, uh.."

"Spit it out!" Tyler said angrily. "Ok, ok, Emma is.. sick." Tyler frowned and rolled his eyes. "I don't believe it. I bet she's here somewhere..." he said. "Even if she is, or was here, what would you do?"

"I would like to talk to her. Now, I don't want to repeat myself. Where is she?" Jaycob looked him dead in the eye. How does he do that? Tyler shrugged. "Guess I'll check.. oh.. under the bed.. maybe." Jaycob stiffened. "Nah. She's not there."

"Oh, really? Meeeeehhhh. Naaaaahhhh."

He looked under the bed and crawled under there.
"Ahh, here you are! Emma!"
"You sound happy."
"Yeah!" he said, pulling my foot out from under the bed. Ouch! He's strong!

"See how strong I am-"

"Oh, don't with that bullshit!" I screamed. "Ooh, she's a baddie," he whispered just loudly enough for me to hear. I giggled.

Jaycob intervened. "Hey! What do you think you're doing—"

Tyler locked the closet door with me and him in it. "Now I have the key. I can keep her here for as long as I want." Jaycob screamed. "How'd you find that key?" Tyler just didn't listen.

We were face to face. He pressed me against the wall. "Your only choice is me. No more Jaycob. Or else, I'll have to do it by force. Which is it?" I rolled my eyes. "How about... none?" He stared at me in disbelief and disgust. "What? None? You'll just have to suffer the consequences, then." I shrugged. "Honestly, I don't really care. As long as I'm still with Jaycob and not you, you nasty bitch!" He looked at me with shock. "Ok. You asked for it."