The Ball Of Glass

Ch 84: The ball of glass

Kat

I feel light somehow, it's frightening, how free I suddenly feel after Ace shared a part of his life with me, after the morning, my mood has been sour for no specific reason, I was so irritated, so snappy the whole day. I famished a whole tub of ice cream even though I wasn't hungry, my veins were boiling and my stomach was tightly coiled.

Now although I feel light, in his arms I was so cocooned, so.... so happy.

The women enter the room looking at me with various different expressions, I feel confused seeing their blushing expressions, I am about to open my mouth to ask the reason when Naomi's booming voice comes from the door.

"You went at it like rabbits right, you fucking lucky bitch." She grins.

My own cheeks heat as I twist and look at the mirror. My mascara is running a little down my left cheek and my lipstick is practically non existent on my lips, it is smeared a little on the edges and my lips are swollen and look perfectly kissed.

A flush has travelled down my neck and my cheeks are tomato red.

"Let's restart miss." One of the older women says politely.

Giving Naomi an icy glare I do as ordered, she grins nonchalantly.

"At least somebody is getting it." Naomi says exaggeratedly falling on my bed.

"Do you think I have not seen the little looks you have going on with Viktor." I say teasingly as I close my eyes for the makeup artist.

She doesn't reply, so I open one eye and look at her, she is looking at me with a strange expression biting her lip but before I could comment her expression clears and with a little smirk she replies, "Well I appreciate beauty Katy darling."

I laugh loudly at that. God this woman.

"Ah-huh should I be worried?" I ask closing my eyes again.

"Only if you would." She mutters.

"I am going to the library; I would have waited for you but you and your mafia husband are like two peas in the pod. Have fun baby." She says kissing my cheeks. I see her skipping my room and in a blink of an eye she is out of the door.

I release a breath, maybe it is really taking a toll on her.

For the next forty- five minutes I keep quiet and let the women doll me up.

"Done." The older lady finally says, clasping the necklace which was set with the dress in the morning.

I open my eyes and... gasp. Holy fuck, this can't be me.

I look unrecognisable, almost to the point where I look like a real-life Cinderella.

My jaw hangs a little loosely, I look so beautiful.

Soft curls encircle my face and my eyes have a fire in them, my collar bone looks so beautiful, I didn't even know I had a collarbone.

My cheeks have a no makeup- makeup look going on.

And my eyes, God my eyes look like the blue ocean, circled by islands, lush green islands. I look so femininely bold.

I stand up and let the women put the overpriced dress on me and turn to look around, the emerald green dress fits me like a glove, the jewels on it glittering under the light, the diamond choker Ace got me with it, is shining under the fluorescent lights and my teardrop earrings, give me a fucking soft look.

I look mesmerising.

"Do you like it?" the woman asks me softly.

I turn my head towards her, "I love it," I murmur softly.