Chapter Ten: Meeting Grounds

Tirarnois's POV

I sigh and wait for Helios to come. Could Jay be Valence? I can't even go ask her or get ahold of her... I wish I could know... at least I've given Jay the information I have. He knows just as much as I do about the situation. I look around, where is he? Helios come on... I sigh again. Finally, Helios lands in front of me. I sigh and nod to him. He looks uncomfortable at first, but I remember what he said when I orbed him.

Flashback

"Tirarnois? Is that you?"
"Yes, old friend, have you heard from Vala and Dorantos about the meeting?"
"Yes! Of course I have plans to go."
"Is something wrong?"
"Oh no it's fine... I assume you need me to pick you up on the way there?"
"Yes, if you would and could."
"Of course, I'm leaving now... just wait for me."
"All right!"

Flashback ends.

I wonder what caused him to act so strange. I smile earnestly as he lays down letting me climb on.
"The area has changed."
"Hm?"
"We are meeting in Vala's village."
"What about—?"
"He's dead."
"Oh... all right," I say before I grab onto Helios's rest, and we continue to ride in silence. We land in the village as the night draws in. I slide off and watch Helios turn back. I notice a large scar across his chest. I ask, "What happened?"
"The scar hasn't healed yet... but to explain, from my knowledge two executioners tried to kill me... the reason it failed was that I had something to do... nnn I remember blowing fire everywhere and have apologized for it, but I also remember a monster of some sort," he says as he grabs his pack to grab a shirt. I never understood why it was only shirts. He smiles and adds, "I need a shirt because my pants become a part of the crest and change back."
I forgot he can sometimes read minds. I say, "Well, that's nice to know... shall we go find Vala and Dorantos?"
"Yes," He retorts as he throws the shirt on. We soon find our way to the hall and enter. I see Vala who waves. Helios smiles and adds, "Hello, Vala!"
"Hello, Helios, Hello Tirarnois," She retorts, smiling. Will Betty come? She notices my expression then adds, "Unfortunately, Betty won't be able to come... we don't exactly know why she can't come but she just said no."
"Ah... it's... okay," I reply. I look around. I ask, "Where's Dorantos?"
"He's upstairs trying to get ahold of people."
"People?"
"To be exact, trying to find out if my brother is still captured, see if we have any new information on Halira and Thanac," He adds as he walks downstairs. He then adds, "We should talk upstairs."
"Okay," I say. As we walk up the stairs, I notice his eye scar and ask, "What happened to your eye?"
I notice that Vala becomes uncomfortable as does Dorantos. He just says, "A curse... it's healing but has left me half blind."
"What?" Helios asks.
"... I'd rather not talk about it," Dorantos replies.
"Okay... why didn't you ask the Princess to help you though?" Helios asks.
"I can manage. Plus, she was already stressed enough," Dorantos says. I nod and find a chair. He adds, "Ariel and Alucard are on their way... they just needed to make sure the Princesses and their entourage were prepared and taken care of."
So, my prediction was correct. I nod again as Helios asks, "Is Maltorn coming?"
"No, he told us his plan was to protect the princesses by being an informant and ensuring those who believe find out that they are alive."
Vala slowly looks away. I feel guilty for her...

Prissy's POV

We head back inside. I feel exhausted. I look around only to find Ariel and Alucard packing. I ask, "What's going on?"
"Oh, we are going to Vala's village to meet with the other guards. Vala wanted to meet and plan things just as our way to help you since we know our areas and we know the palace we shall do what we can to help but we all want to plan things as well... and see each other again," Alucard adds smiling softly. I can tell he missed everyone. From what memories I have... I miss it too... I look up at them as he adds, "We need to leave soon."
"I'll take care of Dmitri," JoJo says. We turn as he gives a slightly awkward smile. I smile back as he adds, "If that's okay with you."
"Of course, thank you JoJo," Alucard says before giving JoJo a hug. He adds, "Don't think I'm leaving you out, Princess."
He pulls me into a tight hug, and I smile and tightly hug back. Alaina is next. I add, "Do you want me to let Jay know y'all are leaving?"
"Mhm yes please."
"All right," I say as I lean back and watch them leave. I sigh softly. I turn to JoJo and ask, "Where is the next town?"
"Can I see your map?"
"Of course!"
I hand him my map as he draws a path to a town, he labels the "Meeting Grounds." I look over at him. He adds, "It's called the Meeting Grounds because it was a place where all representatives of the races lived... and the dwarves live there too... but ever since Thanac and Halira died... everyone... just scattered."
"Do you think there will be anyone who recognizes me there?"
"Margret... She's Thanac and Halira's daughter."
"Really?"
"Mhm... she was two years older than you when things went down... and she saw you plenty of times before it did...I'm sorry, it still bothers me."
"Oh no don't be sorry about that, JoJo... thank you for telling me all of this."
"Oh no problem... when are you leaving?"
"Well, I'm going to let Jay learn everything he can from the shapeshifter girl—"
"Callie? Yeah, just don't go telling everyone about that... we are—no, I am—hiding her to the best of my abilities."
I nod, "So just refer to her as Callie I assume?"
"Yes," He answers. I nod and relax a bit. He adds, "you should go to sleep... don't worry, I can protect you."
"I don't doubt that with those skills with the throwing knife."
He smiles as I trot off to bed.