Chapter 3: Meanie

"H-Hi!" I greeted nervously.

She gave me a cold stare that I really felt my skin hair stand on end.

Her fringes fell, covering her left eye, and I felt something run down my spine, shivering me in fear.

She then pick up the pen I dropped near her feet, an place the pen on my table. "Don't be so clumsy if you don't want to lose something." She said and turn back to the front.

"T-thanks."

Darn! Why am I stuttering because of a creepy looking girl?

Suddenly, the girl turn to me with another killer glare, her deep blue eyes ready to kill me or something in about a second from now.

"Be careful on what your thinking kid, cause I'm not like any ordinary girl who only cares about their shitty life that had no sense but to waste their time getting pretty." She said in a very cold tone, feeling another shock running down my spine.

Man, this girl is really scary.

"D-did I even said something like that?" I ask her. She rolled her eyes and ignored me once more.

Huh, looks like some girls are really haters of boys, especially a nerd like me.

I sit back on my seat, crossing my arms as I push my glasses from falling. I look at Mean Girl, as she fidget her fingers on the table, while clicking her pen again and again.

Wonder what's going on in her mind that she's really cold on this day?

***

"Poems are also popular on expressing ones feelings right? Cause a poem, is where you can find words, the have meaning, for example in the poem of Henry Wadsworth Longfellow, The Rainy Day, what kind of feelings or emotions does he have on writing the poem?" Explained our English teacher as he showed us the poem of Longfellow on the white board using a projector.

"My life is cold, and dark, and dreary.." I thought in my head, again and again. Are there really people who have cold and dark days in their lives?

"Some people really don't know what the life of others were." Said the girl beside me, as she doodles on her notebook using a red ball pen.

I look at what she's doodling, and saw a picture of a girl, killing a boy.

Creepy, but its amazing, she got skills on drawing.

"Mr. Haddock!" Called the teacher. I rose my head to see him crossing his arms while givimg me a cold stare.

"Yes sir?" I ask, trying to be cool.

"Do you have any interest in class? Or your just interested because Ms. Hofferson is beside you?" Said the teacher.

All the students made cooing sounds, but the teacher quiet them down. "Sorry sir, was just distracted." I apologised, as I avoid looking at the teacher's face.

"Very well." He said and continued the lesson.

I sighed, first day of classes and I'm already caught by the teacher.

"Don't mind him, he's really like that." Said the girl beside me, while still doodling on her notebook.

I just kept quiet, not wanting to be caught again by the teacher.

The poem was right.

My day is cold, and dark, and dreary...