Chapter 15: Neurotransmitter

Astrid and I are quiet, while twitching and turning screws, combining metals together to make the skeleton of the wings I'm planning to do.

As we were doing that, I can't help but notice the look on Astrid's face, it was bright, and excited, like a kid.

I wanna pinch those puffy cheeks of hers...hehe...

Astrid's head rose up, like she was being called, and turn to me wide eyed, like she was wondering. "What do you mean by that?" She asked me.

"Huh? N-nothing!" I replied. Astrid look at me, with innocence, and just shrug her shoulders, going back to work.

I sighed and turn back to my own work as well. "So Hiccup, how can you move this thing?" Astrid asked, still,focusing on her work.

"Well, I'm creating a neurotransmitter right now, so that it can connect to the wings, and can move on itself by anyone's command." I replied, raising a headband to show her the transmitter I did.

"Wait, if you west that on your head, that thing can connect to the invention and can make it move, am I right?" She asked repeating what I just said earlier.

I nodded. "Oh, now I know."

"So, is the skeleton done?" I ask her. She nodded. I helped her put the skeleton up, and I put some electronic suspensions on the wings, that connects the transmitter and when I was done. I test drive the transmitter.

I place the headband around my head, and watch as the wings steadily flap slowly on itself.

"Hah! It worked!" I cheered out loud. Astrid clapped her hands. "I know, its awesome!" She said happily.

"Well, now, all we had to do is put the outer of it, a leather cloth that can cover the wings, and that was looking like scales so that it will look like real wings of a dragon." I said taking the transmitter off.

"Well, I have some kind of leather you can use, it have used it once in creating a hose seat." Astrid said walking to her desk, and grab a box from a shelf and remove the dust on it, and gave it to me.

I took the box from her and place it on my desk, removing the cover and saw enough black leather with scales on it, to cover my skeleton wings.

"Awesome! Thanks Astrid!" I thanked her with a smile planted on my lips.

"Your welcome, and we should put that tomorrow, cause we still have robotics class to attend, and we don't want to be late right?" Said Astrid.

I chuckled and noddd my head. "Your right, we better get going, or else Mr. Johanson will be mad." I said, putting the box under my desk, and grab my bag and books.

"Let's go." I said. Astrid nodded, already at the door. She turn off the light with a flick of her wrist and exited the door, while I followed.

We ran all the way back to the robotics building, where we saw a lot of students already occupied the seats.

We quickly went to the last two empty seats and waited for the teacher to arrive.

***

"I'll see you later at home brothers." I bid Tadashi and Hiro as we gave each other fist bumps. "Okay, be careful, and be home early." Tadashi said.

I nodded. "Don't worry I'll be home before dinner."

My brothers nodded and drove away in Tadashi's car, while Astrid, Gogo and I walked back to the garden, while looking around if someone was watching. When the coast is clear, the twins reveal the passageway to other gigantic castle.

Where you guessed it right, dead bodies are roaming around. "Don't worry Hicc, they won't hurt you now." Said Astrid. I just nodded my head and followed them all the way inside the castle.

Today, Astrid made me flower all the roses in the garden. And pick the beautiful red blooms, putting then in a bouquet. Next is, she want me to help her fix her dress, which was a bit...messed up at first, cause the ribbon was tight really tied around her waist.

She even hit me with a lunch on the shoulder because of it.

And we did our home works first before they went to dinner. Gogo invited me to join them, but I refused.

I just watched them eat while chatting, gossiping like normal girls, talking about clothes and cute stuff, which I didn't expect they would do.

I notice the X mark on Astrid's chest. Its not really big though, but its big enough so you can notice it.

"Hiccup, what are you staring at?" Astrid asked me.

I shake my head, "Nothing." I replied and just walked in the kitchen to get their dessert, which the chef already finished it.

The chef was nice though, even though he looks scary. We already got along. And his name is Gobber.

"Is this all Gobber?" I asked. Then Gobber nodded. "Yup, you can serve that to the princesses." He replied.

I thanked him and went back to the dining hall, and served the princesses their deserts, which is brioche.

"You need anything else your highnesses?" I asked them. Astrid and Gogo shake their heads. "None anymore, thank you." Astrid replied, as she put a fork with the sweet bread on her mouth.

After dinner, Astrid and Gogo toured me around the palace grounds, the dead people were working, gardening, cleaning the front yard, greeting us as we pass by. Others were riding horses made out of black sand. "Are those horses really made out of black sand?" I asked. They both nodded.

"Those horses were nightmares, we take them away from children who were having bad dreams, by placing a white rose on their side tables, surrounded with colorful pebbles." Gogo explained.

"And the nightmares create horses, and we keep them, training them." Astrid said.

Were now heading to an opening, which I'm not sure what is at the end of it. Gogo stopped. "Your not coming?" I asked her.

"No, that place is only for Astrid, and I'm not allowed to go there, unless Astrid wants me to." She replied.

I look at the girl beside me, and she just shake her head. "I'm sorry dear sister, maybe I can take you here next time." She said.

Gogo nodded and reveal her purple and yellow wings, flying her way out of here.

"What so important out there that you won't let her in?" I ask Astrid.

"Its a secret, you'll know it when we get there." Replied Astrid, now in a serious tone.

I just nodded my head and followed her as we enter the passageway with hanging vines with flowers on them.

When we reached the other side, I gasped, seeing...