Chapter 25: Bad Timing

Hiccup's P.O.V.

After two days after what happened, I was walking down the hallways of the school to the locker hall. I felt really bad for what happened last night. It was crazy! Really!

That wasn't even me that night Me? Confessing to the Astrid Hofferson, which is also known as Red Hofferson? That was really...impossible!

Because of that. Astrid haven't talked to me for two days straight, we barely look at each other, and ignore each other, during lab time, we don't take normally, just a simple hi and a few words then we ignore eah other again. She's still affected of what I did, maybe...

But...it really happened, right?

I'm with my friends, Snotlout, Fishlegs, the twins, Ruffnut and Tuffnut, and my brothers Hiro and Tadashi. Everyone of them were all chit chatting, while I'm just here, listening to what they are talking about, even though I'm not really paying attention to what they're talking.

I glance at the distance, and at the corner of my eye, I saw a familiar face of a girl, and she was smelling like fresh roses.

I know that scent from anywhere, wait...its from...

I turn my head, to see Astrid and Gogo, walking their way towards us, well not really towards us, just the direction where we are heading.

I stopped from walking, seeing Astrid who had no expression written on her face, when she saw me, she stopped as her eyes grew wide, but suddenly they turned to me like daggers, pointing at me, ready to stab me any minute now.

"Ast-I-I mean, Hey Red!" I greeted awkwardly while waving at her. She rolled her eyes and the blonde headed and her sister continued walking, ignoring us.

"What just happened?" Asked Snotlout. I look at him while raising my eyebrow. "What?" I asked.

"The last last day, I saw you two were lovey dovey, and you cannot be separated to each other, and now, you both are as cold to each other as ice." Said Fishlegs. "Well, technically, its only Red who was really cold at you, but still, what did you do?"

I open my mouth to speak, but I don't know what to say, I can't just tell a lie, my twin will know that I'm lying.

"We just have a little misunderstanding, that's all." I lied, hoping they'll buy it.

"What kind of problem? Is it about Red's attitude?" Asked Snotlout. I shake my head. "Its something else, let's not talk about it, I'm not comfortable of talking it while Red is not around." I explained and continued on walking, leaving the the six behind, before they'll know that I'm lying though.

***

"Okay class, today, we will be having a project for you to pass the exams, cause most of you have failed the exams, and since you haven't known the exams, cause we haven't tackle about them, I decided to stretch your scores by doing a project, and you will be paired to the ones who passed the exams." Explained the professor while giving us our test papers.

When Mr. Peters gave me my test paper, I was so disappointed with myself when I saw a big C- on my test paper. I scratched my head on seeing this, dad wouldn't be happy if he sees this, I hope Hiro got a higher score than me.

"I'm surprised to see that on your test paper." Said a voice beside me. I look to my right, seeing Astrid, looking at my test paper. I look at hers, seeing an A+ written in red coloured ink.

I sighed, good for her that she knows the lessons. Well, she's a psychic after all, she can read everyone's minds.

"Now, I have listed you all into partners, so after class, you may now discuss about the project I was about to give you." Mr. Peters said and he started reading the pairs he had written in a coupon bond.

"Jake Morales and Patricia Yaso."

And when he had paired almost everyone, and there are only four students left.

"Hiccup Haddock and Red Hofferson." He called. I look at Astrid, who was looking at me too, the coldness was seen in her eyes, but her expression was smiling. I just smiled back and turn to my table, hiding the test paper in a portfolio.

***

After class, its already lunch, I'm still spending my lunch with Astrid and Gogo, but with Hiro and Tadashi this time. Only Hiro, Tadashi and Gogo are the ones talking to each other, while Astrid and I are stuck, taking peeks at each other.

I hate it when she's upset with me.

"So, Red, how can we do our project?" I asked, breaking the silence between us.

Astrid look at me with her eyebrow raised, like she was asking me too.

"Maybe we can do it in my house, I have some supilies there that we can use." I said.

"Well, okay, I don't want to be disrespectful, we can do it immediately if you like, if you want more higher grades on passing it earlier than the others." Astrid shrugged, while twisting her fork on her pasta.

"Great." I smiled.

Well at least were not awkward anymore, right? "So, after school? You can bring Gogo too!" I said, looking to the girl with purple streaks on her fringes.

"Okay, sure, after all, Hiro and I need to study for our recital next week." Gogo said.

"What kind of recital?" I asked.

"Its a recital in Theatre club we have to memorise, for the show next week, about a play of two star crossed lovers, who will do anything just to be together, even though the world is against them." Explained Hiro.

I heard a small gasp. It was Astrid, her eyes wide of what she heard from my twin for sure.

"That's...cool." Was all she can say. I nodded my head in approval. "Yeah, its really realistic."

Wow, you really out the subject up.

"You know what, I have to go now, cause...I have to do something at the lab." Astrid said, hurrying from gathering her stuff and just left like she's being chased by witches.

"What's wrong with her?" Asked Tadashi. I look at Gogo and she just shrugged.

"Let my sister be, she just needs time for herself, that's all." She said.

I sighed, knowing that its me, who's the reason why Astrid and I are having a bit 'misunderstanding'.