chapter 13

as the rest of the members surrounded jake, he collects the courage to mumble something

"h-hee hyung..." jake's voice cracked as he uttered his friend's name, his grip on sunghoon tightening and cried more.

sunghoon exchanged a worried glance with the others, sensing that his mom had something to do with this.

"where's heeseung hyung, jakey..?" sunghoon asked jake, his voice never been so soft before.

"w-with mom.." jake said still sobbing and stuttering. sunghoon was so shocked hearing what his best friend just said. the rest were a bit confused seeing sunghoon.

"what's wrong hyung?" niki asked politely but still curiously. sunghoon sighs, "i-its just-"

...

meanwhile, heeseung and jake's mother almost arrived to the hotels. heeseung tries to call jake on their way there but as he expected, no answer.

"uhm excuse me..." heeseung said, trying to get a name, "oh, sorry dear, call me helen" jake's mother answered.

"well, ms. helen, what is happening right now? why did jake run away from you? and why are you finding him? isn't he your son?" heseung asked, continuing his question.

"oh well, its a long story.." helen replied, but they didn't have time for long stories because they've arrived to the hotels they're staying at.

as they arrived at the hotel, heeseung's mind raced with concern for jake. he knew there was more to the situation than what he knew. determined to get to the bottom of it, he guided jake's mother, helen, towards jake's shared room with sunghoon.

as helen and heeseung entered the hotel room where Jake was staying, the others, standing by his side, their expressions a mix of concern and support.

sunghoon as jake's best friend, exchanged a knowing glance with Jake, understanding the how he's feeling right now. he tightened his grip on jake's hand to shoe some support.

helen's eyes widened in surprise at the sight of jake's friends. "i-i didn't realize you had company," she stammered.

sunghoon stepped forward, his voice firm but gentle. "we're here for jake, just like we've always been. and whatever you're going to do to him, we won't let it happen."

helen's gaze flickered with guilt as she faced sunghoon's unwavering stare. "i need to make things right, sunghoon. please, let me talk to my son."

all the other members exchanged hesitant glances, unsure of what to do next. but sunghoon nodded, a silent agreement passing between them.

"fine. but remember, jake's been through a lot," he warned, his tone protective as he slowly lets go of jake's hand. he swore he saw jake and his eyes, in the urge of crying. he felt angry for some reason..

with a nod of gratitude, helen turned back to her son, her heart heavy with regret. but as she reached out to him, jake took a step back with his friends standing resolutely beside him.

as helen reached out to jake, her hand trembling with the weight of her regret, jake's friends stood close by for support.

"jake, please," helen pleaded, her voice barely above a whisper. "i know i've hurt you, but I want to make things right. please, let me explain."

but jake remained silent, his eyes looking down and still red from all the sobbing from earlier, his heart torn between the desire to forgive and the fear of being hurt again.

"why did you say those things, mom?" jake's voice was raw with pain, finally came out of his mouth. "why did you reject me when i needed you the most?" he added.

tears welled up in helen's eyes as she struggled to find the right words. "i was scared, jake. scared of what I didn't understand, scared of what people would say."

"b-but none of that matters now. what matters is that I love you, and I want to make things right."

=========> 🤍 <==========
hey guyss, this chapter will be in two parts since it's a long one, so see u in the next chapter! 😁