Meeting a Goddess

Kazuma was a hard-working engineer who loved designing buildings. It was a fine morning after a gentle morning rain. He was standing on top of a tall building that was still under construction. He was reviewing the plan of the building after keeping an eye on all the construction work going on around him. He was going around and looking at the columns under construction. The floor he was standing on was slippery. For a better view, he stood at the edge of the floor. He was making sure that all the columns in the row were in the same line of sight. His seriousness in his work has caused him to forget where he was standing. After confirming their alignment, he stepped forward without thinking. He slipped and fell backward. It was at this moment that he knew he was done for.

He fell from that tall building. He hit his head on the ground. The blood starts coming out of his head. The workers started crowding around him. The papers he was holding danced slowly down to the ground. His body was emotionless, calm, and peaceful. His vision dimmed. The light entering his eyes slowly faded away. The voice around him dimmed. He can't smell anything at all. He feels like he has been pulled into a dark tunnel. At the end of it, he could see a bright light. He reached the end of the tunnel. The brightness of the light was so high that he couldn't see anything at all.

......

Kazuma was lying on the ground. He slowly opened his eyes and looked around. He found himself in a room with very little light. The walls were dark. He looked around with wonder to see a woman sitting on a chair. He was taken aback. She was looking just at him with a small smile on her face. She was wearing a blue dress with a short skirt. Two lamps of fire stood beside her chair. The fire in that lamb illuminated her face.

Kazuma: "Where am I?"

A blue-haired girl sitting on a king-class chair "Hello, otherworldly, nice to meet you?"

Kazuma was shocked to see her. "Who are you?"

That girl said, "I am Aqua, the Goddess of Water."

Kazuma was shocked to hear that "a goddess... Wait a minute, does that mean...?"

Aqua "Yeah, you guessed right, you died."

Kazuma let out a sigh and looked at his own body. "So what now? Are you going to judge me or something?"

Aqua "You got it wrong. Kazuma-san, I summoned you to this world. You are in my world now."

Kazuma: "Oh, I see..."

Aqua "So let me come to the topic, Kazuma-san. I want you to defeat the demon king that causes trouble in this world."

Kazuma "Huh, demon lord, you should have summoned some warriors or something; I am an engineer, you know."

Aqua: "Yes, you were, but not anymore."