Wiz, the Ice Witch

Kazuma tried his new powers on different things, like rocks and trees. He froze these things to their last atoms. He wondered where he got this power from. Then his mind stuck on the fact that he was spared by the Winder Shogun. He thanked him for granting him such power. Kazuma decided to train and polish his newfound skills. He combined his freeze magic with the snipe skill he learned recently, and it was also super effective.

Kazuma decided to put his training to the test. So one morning, when he was searching for some quests on the quest board, he found a quest to eliminate the running lizards. He took that quest and went to test his new skills. Kazuma came to a rocky plain. He looked for some lizard men. He couldn't find them. Kazuma then climbed a tree and used his foresight skills to look around. He saw a group of lizards running after a single lizard.

Kazuma assumed it was the queen. He positioned himself in the tree and summoned lightning. His aim was to attract them to his position. His efforts were rewarded. He caught their attention, and the queen lizard started running towards the tree. Kazuma was hiding behind the tree leaves. He pulled out his bow and arrow. He aimed at the yellow lizard coming straight towards him. His aim was perfect, and he went for the shot. Kazuma killed the yellow lizard with a headshot.

The other lizards were angry about it. They attacked Kazuma. They started climbing the tree to get him. Kazuma used his powerful magic to freeze the tree. He froze all the lizards, along with the tree, to their last atoms. Kazuma slid down the tree upon the ice and walked a short distance away from the tree. He pulled an arrow, aiming at the completely frozen tree, and gave it a shot. The whole frozen tree, along with all the lizards, crumbles down into pieces.

Kazuma successfully completed the quest and went back to the guild. He gained the money for the quest and went back home. He entered the hall and sat down on the sofa. He was about to take a small nap, as he was a little tired. Just then, he heard a knock at the door. When he opened the door, he saw a magical-looking woman.

????? "Is this Satou Kazuma's house?"

Kazuma "Yes..."

??? "Can I talk to him?"

Kazuma" Sure..."

A moment of silence. Kazuma was just looking at her. Both of them stared at each other.

??? "Can you please call him?"

Kazuma "Ahmm. You are talking to Satou Kazuma."

???? surprised "Oh, I didn't know?... Can we talk inside? It is really an important matter."

Kazuma: "Sure, come in."

Kazuma opened the door wide open and invited her in. He showed her the sofa. She gladly settled down on it. Kazuma sat down on a chair.

??? "My name is Wiz. I am an ex-adventurer. Luna told me that you live here. Nice mansion...."

Kazuma is calm and quiet. "Yeah, thank you."

Wiz "Actually, I have some questions for you. Would you like to answer them?"

Kazuma "Go ahead."

Wiz, "Are you the one who defeated Beldia?"

Kazuma "No, it wasn't me. It was my friend, Mitsurugi Kyouya. I was just a side character."

Wiz "Oh, I see. So you were part of his team as well, huh?"

Kazuma "I am not his team member. I am all by myself. I just helped them, that's all."

Wiz "Then I have to warm you this time. Kazuma-san. You better stop trying to be a hero around here. If you stop it now, it will be the best choice you make in your life."

Kazuma with a calm voice "What do you mean?"

Wiz "You are in my Lord's way; you better stay out of our way."

A moment of silence. They were staring at each other.

Kazuma "So you are with those demons, huh?"

Wiz remained silent.

Kazuma "Okay, I will stay out on one condition."

Wiz, "What is it?"

Kazuma: "The safety of the common people."

Wiz: "That's fine with me."

Kazuma "So we have a deal."

Wiz stood up from the sofa and was about to leave.

Kazuma "One question. What is your type?"

Wiz without looking back "I am a witch. They call me the Ice Witch."

Kazuma is a little shocked

Kazuma is a little shocked. With that said, she left the mansion. Kazuma decided to lay low for now and work hard to get stronger in the meantime. he next day, Kazuma searched for quests but couldn't find any. Then Luna called him and introduced two mages. One of them was Yunyun. Kazuma was taken aback when he saw the second mage.

Kazuma: "Wait, you are..."

The second mage "It's been a while, Kazuma-san. How are you doing?"

Yunyun "You know him?"

The second mage "Yeah, we used to be working together a long time ago, right, Kazuma?"

Kazuma understood that he had to play along.

Kazuma "Yeah, we know each other, we were friends. Never expect to meet you here, Aqua"

Luna "Oh, if you know each other, then things are easier now. Kazuma san, they want to recruit a swordsman into their team. I was just about to recommend your name. Would you like to join their party?"

A moment of silence

Kazuma "I will join you."

Luna, with a smile "Okay, that's great. Way to go, you two?"

Aqua "Thank you for joining our team."

Yunyun "Let me introduce myself. I am Yuyun, the daughter of the village chief. I am a crimson demon."

Kazuma "Crimson demon..." Kazuma has a sad face.

Yunyun "Something wrong, Kazuma-san??"

Kazuma with a smile "Oh, it's nothing; I am fine. So... where are you staying?"

Aqua "We just arrived, so we have to find one."

Kazuma thinking.

Kazuma "Then how about this? If you are willing to pay a part of the rent, I will let you live in my mansion."

Aqua and Yuyun got excited when they heard about the mansion.

Yuyun, with an excited smile "Of course, we will pay."

Aqua "So lead the way, Kazuma. I can't wait to see it with my own eyes."