Megumin, the Arch-Mage

Kazuma posted a recruitment notice in the guild to find a new member to make a team. He was waiting in the guild for someone to notice it. However, despite waiting for some time, no one showed up. So he went back to the hotel to do his work. Later in the evening, a black-haired girl wearing a mage-like hat and carrying a staff came to visit him at the hotel. One of her eyes was covered with a piece of cloth. Kazuma was busy cleaning the tables. 

 Girl " Excuse me, sir

 Girl " Excuse me, sir. Is this where Mr. Kazuma is working?"

Kazuma " Yes."

Girl " Can I meet him, now?"

Kazuma " The person you are searching for is me?"

Girl " Oh... Good to see you, sir, Are you the one who put a recruitment notice on the guild board? "

Kazuma " Yes."

Girl " Ohh great, Ah... I would like to join your party, sir. "

Kazuma " Oh.. a recruitment, I didn't expect someone to respond this fast... So by the way what's your name."

Girl " I am Megumin, a mage from the Crimson village."

Kazuma " Megumin... a strange name.. never heard of before. Judging from your outfit, you must be a mage. Interesting....., so are you willing to show me your talents? "

Megumin " Right away sir...."

Kazuma " Wait, not here, let's go to the green field. And one more thing, could you please stop calling me sir? You can call me by my name you know? "

Megumin " Oh sure... , Kazuma..."

Upon reaching Greenland, they stumbled upon some large frogs. Megumin summoned her power and unleashed an impressive explosion to awe Kazuma. Kazuma was amazed to see her explosive magic. He was hoping that she could make his job easy. But to his surprise, she collapsed after that one shot, which made him look confused. She explained that she could only use her magic once a day. All his hopes shattered into pieces. But Kazuma unexpectedly appreciated her, as he found her more useful, and he hoped that these limits could be exceeded. Then another frog popped out and tried to swallow Megumin. He let out a sign and successfully crusaded that frog. Then he had to carry her back to the town, even though she was covered in slimy matter. Then they took a bath after that.

After splitting up the money they got from the guild, Kazuma asked Megumin whether she could use another kind of magic. He learned that she hadn't studied any other magic since she liked only explosion magic. Then Kazuma advised her to learn some healing magic as well so that it could be pretty useful in the future. She was hesitant at first, but then Kazuma put forward the condition that he would recruit her only if she agreed to learn other magic as well. Megumin was left with no choice but to accept that condition. From that moment on, she became a part of his team.

From then on for a month, both of them started working together. They have been killing monsters and getting money from the guild. Kazuma finds it hard to manage both jobs. So he resigned from the post of a waiter. He decided to focus more on his adventurers. Megumin has been working on learning other types of magic like healing and magic barrier creation. Kazuma has been practicing with his sword so that he can excel in his adventurers. Together, they rent a home in the same town, even though the rent is high for just the two of them. The mansion was quite spacious. Both of them liked it. While lying in bed, Kazuma was thinking of a way to improve his sword skills and some other ways to get more capital into their hands. The only way to improve himself was to kill the monsters.

One evening, after returning to the guild to get the reward for the completed quest, they saw a white-haired girl asking others for help. Her name was Chris, and she was asking for other's help as reinforcements for her friend. Chris saw Kazuma and Megumin enter the guild building.

Chris " Sir, I need your help, sir, my friend is in trouble."

Megumin " Wait, who are you?"

Chris " I am Chris. I am an adventurer just like you."

Kazuma " What sort of trouble?"

Chris " Some thieves are keeping her as a hostage. Please help her. "

Megumin " Thieves around here are pretty dangerous, you know. What if they catch us too?"

A moment of silence.

Kazuma " It seems like an emergency. .. say Megumin .... How about we show off a little? I mean this is a good opportunity."

Megumin " There you go again, "Hero Kazuma"..... "

Kazuma " Don't be like that, we are just helping each other, after all, we are all adventurers too."

Megumin " Yeah, yeah... too much for an adventurer."

Chris "Are you going to help us?"

Kazuma " I can't guarantee that we can save your friend, but we can try. "

Chris very happily " Thank you very much, sir."

Chris and Darkness went on a quest to find a missing boy from a noble. That boy was abducted by a group of thieves, and they eventually found them. Both of them fought bravely, but they trapped them. They put their knives on that boy's neck and threatened them. Darkness asked Chris to run away and bring her some reinforcements. Even though she didn't want to leave, she ran away and asked for help. While Darkness stood there. The other thieves set their creepy eyes on her body.