The Zombie Apocalypse

After that fine morning, Kazuma did some exercises and sword training. After the exercise, he went to a tavern to eat something. When he reached there, he ordered a meal. While waiting for the meal on his table, he overheard something from the other people. They were talking about the zombies roaming about in the night. Kazuma was curious to hear more. Upon listening, he learned that some adventurers were already on it.

Then the meal arrived. Kazuma very slowly enjoyed the meal. After paying for the meal, he walked home. Kazuma began to feel bored, so he decided to do something. He wanted to do something other than adventuring this time. So he went to the guild to find recruitment notices for any other job. While searching for the same, he found a recruitment notice for the Smith work.

Kazuma accepted the smith's work, and he went to the smithing place. He got recruited for the job. Kazuma worked really hard at the Smith shop. Kazuma has the skill of a smith. In exchange for the work he had done, the smith offered to forge him a weapon and armor. Kazuma agreed to the same and assisted him in making the weapons and armor he needed. It took him another five days to completely forge them.

Kazuma finally got his Witcher sword and black-colored leather armor. He paid the cost of them. Kazuma was excited to wear them. He wore them and went out like that. It looked really good on him. He was walking through the market road. The road is full of people who are there to purchase their goods. Then suddenly, he happened to see a man falling to the ground. People around him asked him if he needed any help or something.

That man was sitting on his knees. He wasn't responding to their offers at all. Then suddenly, that man's eyes became pale white. People got scared of the look on his face and stepped away from him. All of a sudden, the man started growling like a rabid dog. People recognized him as a zombie and began to run from him. But that man was quick. He jumped into the crowd and caught an old man. While he was struggling to push it away, the old man got bitten on the neck.

Some of the kids got traumatized upon witnessing the same. Women were screaming. After attacking the old man, he was about to attack another person. People began running away from him. The only man standing there was Kazuma. The zombie man saw Kazuma and ran towards him. Kazuma remained calm and silent. He drew his sword from his sheath and faced the zombie. When he was just about to strike, Kazuma chopped off his head.

Then other adventurers popped in. The old man was lying on the ground. His neck is bleeding heavily. He was looking at the clear sky. He can feel it. All those memories flashed through his mind. He smiled at the blue sky. He took a long breath and, with a soft and clear voice, asked the adventurers around him to do it before it was too late. The adventurers hesitated. They were asking each other to do it.

But it was too late for the old man. He quickly turned into a zombie and was about to attack them. While Kazuma was still watching, they ganged upon and killed him. Kazuma felt very bad for that old man. Kazuma stood beside those dead bodies for some time until some mages arrived and burned their dead bodies. Kazuma walked home silently. He imagined himself in that position. It feels very horrible and hopeless to die like that. 

Kazuma went to the guild to learn more about this incident.

Kazuma "Luna-san, Would you please explain what is going on here?"

A moment of silence

Luna "We strongly suspect that it must be the doing of a demon. Eyewitnesses say that she was wearing a mask and was lurking around the cemetery."