Saving A Friend

It was already night. Wiz showed Kazuma her shop. She found that Vanir was not there in the shop. Wiz taught Kazuma Drain touch as a token of their friendship. Kazuma asked her to inform him when Vanir came home. Wiz promised to do so. Kazuma vowed to stay silent about the masked mage who caused the zombie apocalypse. After that, Kazuma went back to his home, which was a mess. So he had to spend a lot of time cleaning the rooms.

.........................................

Kazuma had to sleep until noon to get himself back to work. He took a long bath and refreshed himself. He was not in the mood to cook, so he decided to eat from outside. He went to the tavern. There, he met Luna. She was relieved to find Kazuma back in one piece. She inquired whether he had any clues about the masked mage. Kazuma lied, saying that he didn't know about her. Then he overhears people talking about an unknown hero who must have put evil in its place.

Kazuma is very happy to hear that they are cheering for him, even though none of them knows that the unknown hero they are talking about is him. Just as his ordered food arrived, Aqua and Yunyun entered the tavern. Aqua and Yunyun were seated beside him. They ordered their food as well.

Kazuma, while eating "So, how was your trip?"

Aqua "It is quite an experience; I loved it."

Kazuma looked at Yunyun and found her a little sad.

Kazuma "What's wrong, Yunyun? You look dismayed."

Yunyun with a sad tone "She lost a bet, and all our money is gone."

Kazuma: "A bet..."

Yunyun "Aqua played cards with some of the drunkards and lost to them five times in a row." Just when she finished talking, her stomach began to growl.

A moment of silence.

Kazuma "Guess I have no other choice but to pay for you two."

Yunyun's and Aqua's faces brightened.

Yunyun "Thank you, Kazuma san. I will pay you back."

Aqua: "Kazuma, you are really a kind-hearted person."

Kazuma "So, Aqua, when are you paying me back?"

Aqua showed a tie and poked, "Let me eat something first. Geez, Kazuma, I am your goddess."

They waited for some time, and their food arrived. Just then, Mitsurugi and his friends came into the tavern. Megumin was also with them. Mitsurugi saw Aqua. He was shocked. He was even more shocked to see that she was eating along with Kazuma. Megumin was shocked to find Yunyun. Mitsurugi rushed to Aqua's side.

Mitsurugi "Aqua-sama, is that really you?"

Aqua looked at him while he was eating. She gave him a confused look.

Mitsurugi "I am Mitsurugi. You only sent me here to become the hero."

Aqua "I have sent so many of them here to get the job done. Let me think... Oh, I remember; you are that school guy who wanted that cursed sword."

Mitsurugi "Oh, you remember me. Thank you very much. Till now, I have been trying my best to reach your expectations."

Aqua with a boring tone "Yeah, yeah, I know..."

Megumin "A Goddess....?"

Yunyun interrupted, "I never expected to see you here, Megumin."