Keele, the Undead

It was late at night. Kazuma was lying on his bed. Kazuma was thinking of a plan to conquer the dungeon. He gave a lot of thought about it and eventually went to sleep. He had a good night's sleep. He woke up in the morning. To conquer the dungeon, he wants to obtain some helpful suggestions. After completing his daily routine, he was about to discuss things with his friends. But suddenly, the mansion's owner showed up to collect her rent. Kazuma was out of money at that moment, so he persuaded her that he would pay her rent within one week.

His teammates learned about it and offered to help. Just then, Kazuma thought of adding one more person to the team so that they could conquer the dungeon. Luckily, on the way to the dungeon, they met Chris. Kazuma told her about the treasure and all. She agreed to help. So the four of them went to the dungeon to conquer it. They advanced quickly into the dungeon. Kazuma thought that adding Chris to the team was a good move. They fought their way into the final camber.

The boss room.

It was a big bedroom, more like a hall. On the bed lay a skeleton dressed in a nobleman's garments. North of the bed was a chair occupied by another skeleton. They approached those skeletons more closely.

Suddenly

Suddenly.

??? "I see... you have passed through those trials, huh."

Everyone startled. They looked at the skeleton sitting on the chair.

Kazuma: "Who are you?"

??? "You are talking to the final boss, Keele."

Kazuma and his team are in defense mode.

keele with a creepy smile "Worry not, I am not that harsh like those undead. I am just a normal undead."

In the next second, Aqua unleashed her purification magic on Keele. But, to their surprise, the purification didn't kill him. It only does some damage.

Aqua "What the... how did you resist my purification?"

Keele "Well, well, that hurts. I can tell, you are the strongest one in your group. But you are quite impatient, you know."

In a split second, a ball of fire was launched at Aqua. Before she could even evade, it hit her. She was blown away and clashed with the wall. She lost consciousness from that impact.

Keele: "How about I add some more fun to the game?"

The next moment, Keele summoned a lot of undead into the group. The undead arises from the walls of the dungeon, from all directions.

Kazuma "Yunyun, after Aqua. Chris, you are with me."

Yunyun and Chris " Roger..."

Yuyun immediately switched to Aqua's side. Chris and Kazuma faced the incoming army. Kazuma used his freezing magic to freeze them all in one go. Chris used her wire tape to cut them all. Then a fireball headed toward them. Kazuma and Chris evaded that at the last moment. Kazuma used ice crystal bullets at Keele. Keele cast a magic barrier to protect himself from the incoming attack.

Yunyun used her lightning magic to blow them apart. Chris and Kazuma faced Keele. Keele summoned a sword to fight them. While Chris was busy stopping the other undead, Kazuma engaged in a sword fight with Keele. Keele blew away Chris with compressed wind power. He attempted to do the same to Kazuma, but he escaped. Kazuma froze the walls and the ground with his freezing magic. Kazuma and Keele went all out.

There was a crashing sound of swords in the chamber. Kazuma managed to get off Keele's sword. Keele employed a strong fire beam. Kazuma evaded. Kazuma countered it with a strong ice ray after releasing his spirit power. Kazuma was going to fall short. Returning to her feet, Chris used a skill bind on Keele. Keele's next attempt to use magic was nullified. Keele was struck directly by Kazuma's ice beam, causing him to become frozen in ice.

Kazuma was tired, and he was breathing heavily. It was Kazuma who saw the ice shatter. He dashed towards his enemy. Breaking through the ice, Keele grabbed Kazuma by the neck. He strangled him. When Kazuma's spiritual abilities resurface, he freezes Keele from his fingers to his shoulder. Keele couldn't move at all. His hand was completely frozen. While being suffocated, Kazuma raised his blade sharply and severed Keele's arm.

Keele's hand broke into fragments of ice crystals. Kazuma was having trouble breathing. Keele was about to use his other hand to cast a fireball at Kazuma. Chris used her wire tape to grab his hand and deflect the fireball toward the ceiling. Kazuma used this opportunity to cut off Keele's other arm as well. Keele was shocked. Kazuma was about to cut off Keele's head.

Just then,

Keele shouted, "STOP."

Kazuma stopped his sword an inch away from his throat. Kazuma is breathing heavily. Keele and Kazuma looked at each other.

Keele "I admit defeat. You won."

Aqua woke up hearing this.

Keele "I won't ask you to spare me, but I have something to ask you."

Kazuma: "What is it?"

Keele "I used to be a magician a long time ago. At that, I fell in love with a girl. She used to be a princess back then. We lived a long life. But what to say? Death pulled her away from me. I was so sad. Until now, I had been protecting her all this time. My will didn't let me die, and I turned into an undead. I built this dungeon in the hope of finding someone as strong as you to attain salvation."

Aqua is walking towards them. "I get it now, Keele-san. You have been waiting for this for years, aren't you?"

Keele, while looking at his wife's skeleton on the bed, said, "Yes, you are right. I want to rejoin my love. Please help me reach her."

Yunyun was standing near the bed. "So is this her you are talking about, on this bed?"

Keele with a sad tone "Yeah, I possibly couldn't stay away from her. So I kept her here so that I could watch over her all this time."

Aqua "I approve of all kinds of love. You are still in love with her. That's why you can't just die yet. But now that I am here, I will grant your death wish. I bet she will be waiting for you."

Keele "All these years of waiting have finally been valued; I am glad."

Kazuma "Then why didn't you tell us from the start? It could have been a lot easier."

Keele "I was just testing your strength. You have proved it."

Aqua: "Then shall I, Keele?"

Keele "Please, my lady."

She used purification magic and cleansed him with her magic. She sent him her best wishes. The dungeon is ultimately conquered. Kazuma and others looked all around and discovered a crest covered in decorations. They opened it to find some gold ornaments. They returned to the surface after dividing the gold equally. At the guild, they traded the ornaments for Eris. The attention of other adventurers was drawn to them. Kazuma collected the rent equally from others and paid the landlady. Kazuma then celebrated their victory.