An Unpleasant Talk

At the hospital, Makayla and Minion rushed inside to get Megamind some attention to his wound. The front desk quickly took him back as Makayla stayed behind and has a serious look on her face, before heading to the other patients rooms.

"Nora?!" Douxie said in surprise. "What are you doing back here? I thought you were angry with me still."

"I am." Makayla said. "But. . . I had to come back. Jake's in trouble."

"What happened?" Douxie asked.

"Like you'd care." Makayla scoffed.

"If you don't think I'd care, why did you come to me first?" Douxie asked.

"Cause April is still unconscious." Makayla said.

"Actually. . . I heard from the doctors that she just woke up." Douxie said.

"Really?" Makayla said in surprise. "In that case, I need to tell her!"

"Wait. . ." Douxie said, as Makayla turned to leave. "I. . . I'm sorry. For how I've been acting. I don't know what came over me."

"I already told you, I'm not the one you should apologize to." Makayla said.

"I know, but. . . just tell him." Douxie said. "I have another day in here, at least. And if Jake is gonna die, then. . . hell never know if you don't tell him for me."

Makayla looked down at the floor with a serious expression on her face.

"Please, Nora. . . tell him I say sorry " Douxie said. "And of he doesn't survive, I'll visit his grave myself."

"He's not gonna die!" Makayla said seriously. "Cause I'm gonna go and rescue him! And once he's safe, you can tell him yourself."

"You're blindly optimistic." Douxie said.

"He's our brother, Douxie." Makayla said. "And I refuse to give up on him! He's gonna come home, safe and sound. I'll make sure of it."

Makayla the left Douxie's room, leaving him alone with his thoughts.

"What have I done?" Douxie sighed.

-----------

Meanwhile, in another room, April was awake and talking with her doctor.

"Your condition seems to be stabilized." The doctor said. "But you'll have to recover here for a couple more days before you can go back to your life."

"Aw man. . . I hope Jake is okay." April said. "I couldn't stop thinking about him, even in my unconscious state. I even had a very vivid dream about him."

"April, you're awake." Makayla said, coming into her room. "Thank God! I need to talk to you."

The doctor nodded in acknowledgement as he left the room and shut the door behind him.

"What's up?" April said. "Is everything alright?"

"First off, I'm so glad that you're awake." Makayla said. "Jake will be thrilled to hear that."

"Yeah. . . I hope he's alright." April said.

"Actually. . . I was getting to that." Makayla said. "He, um. . . he got taken by the hunters."

"What?" April said in surprise, as she sat up in her bed. "You're kidding!"

"No. . . I'm afraid not." Makayla said. "I just came in with Megamind because the hunters shot him."

"Oh gosh. . . is he okay?" April asked.

"He'll he fine." Makayla said. "But Jake. . . I don't think he will be."