Chapter 7: A nerd!?

"Good afternoon, class. I know some of you are now tired and exhausted, but I would like to introduce a new student to the class."
A new student?! What's a new kid doing in mid semester?!
It's okay, he probably overslept.
That's probably every excuse a late person says, and I bet you a million bucks he's gonna say that.
Anyways, I still couldn't see a new person in class. Oh, wait he came.
OOF? WHAT'S THAT NERD DOING STANDING OVER THERE!!?
"I'd like to introduce to you, Lee. He's new here, so make sure you show your upmost respect."
WHAT DO YOU MEAN, RESPECT?!
What is he, my parents??
He looks dirtier than any other guy I've seen. He had a bob cut and huge, black glasses with thick lens.
Damn, he looked UNLOOKABLE.
"Now, class. I want one of you to tour him around our campus and show him around, so he knows where he's going. And his locker, too. Lucy, would you like to-."
"Oh, teacher! I would've LOVED to show him around, but my back is ACHING, and I'm sure Sierra would like to take the favor, of course, don't you Sierra?" she grinned.
OH, NOT AGAIN!!!
HOW ANNOYING CAN SHE BE?!
But just imagine not wanting to stare at someone, let alone TOUR them.
!!! AAAAHHHHHH!!!
See that window, over there?
Looks pretty big right?
Is it big enough for a person?
I hope.
Anyways, I still kept a zipper in my mouth, and I just heard myself say,
"yes."
Typical me.
Anyways, I just told him,
"Come on, let's go."
"Let's go below zero and hide from the sun," he replied, with a grin.
EWW?!!??
Does that idiot like me or something?! Hope not.
I just rolled my eyes at him, and he got the impression that I'm not a jokey person.
That'll teach him.
"Anyways, this is the playground. I don't even really know what to show around, it's pretty obvious where everything is." I said.
"Er..yeah. Because unlike me, you aren't new here..." he replied back.
I just shrugged. I mean, what do I say back??
"And this is your locker."
And it took me five seconds to realize:
"WE'RE LOCKER NEIGHBORS?!" I screamed.
He nodded.
NOOOO!!!
"Is there a problem? Why do you think that I'm a dead cockroach? Deal with it." he snapped.
"Whatever."
"You know, you really shouldn't judge a book by its cover. That's what I always wished people would take in mind." he sighed.
"Erm..what do you mean?"
"In my old school, people made fun of me because of my looks. But I can't help it, I can't change how I look..."
"You kinda can. Like the haircut. No offense, but it's sort of rubbish."
"Oh, so what do I do?" he asked.
"Shorten it a bit, then let it grow naturally. I'll tell you what styles suit you."
"Okay. So, promise you won't eyeball me ever again? It makes my insecurities grow."
I just laughed.
"You also gotta have a bit of confidence, but not over-confidence."
"So, promise?"
"Promise."
And that was the day we sort of became friends.
SORT OF.