Chapter 26: I can't do this right now!

IT WAS FINALLY 'TOMORROW'. I quickly rushed to school, and how SCARED I am right now!
I raced to the flyers section, and skimmed through the flyer, and there was singing.
My heart was pounding really, really fast.
This is what it said:
Your singing was outstanding. All of yours. But after a lot of thinking and arguing, we have finally settled on the following band:
The psycho cats - the guy with the glasses
NO!!!
NO F***ING WAY!! DID WE WIN??!!!!
I quickly raced to Lily and Molly, who just arrived to school,
"YOU GUYS!! YOU HAVE TO SEE THIS!" And I excitedly held their hands and rushed to the flyers section.
"Read this!" And I pointed on the singing section. Their eyes were moving like ping pong balls, and when they finished, their expression changed to
"OMGGG!! YOU GUYS WE WON!!" Lily exclaimed.
"GROUP HUG EVERYBODY!" Molly cried.
And we gave the biggest, longest hug in the universe.
I'm so proud of them!! We did make such a HUGE effort the past 5 weeks, and it PAID OFF!!
As we walked to break, we noticed there was a huge fight going on. It was Lucy and Lee.
"HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO ME!?" Lee yelled.
What is going..?
"I'M SORRY, K. NOW, BYE.! GOTTA GO REUNITE WITH MY BOYFRIEND! TOODLE-DOO NOW!!" She exclaimed.
WHAT IS GOING ON.?!
After lots of questions and confusion, it actually turned out:
LUCY WAS FAKING A RELATIONSHIP WITH LEE JUST TO MAKE HER EX-BOYFRIEND JEALOUS!! HER EX EVENTUALLY GAVE UP AND TOLD HER TO START OVER!! SO BASICALLY LUCY WAS USING LEE TO MAKE HER EX JEALOUS!!!
Nah!! This can't be.
"To be honest, he totally deserved it." Molly smiled.
"FOR REAL!" Lily chuckled.
But I just felt bad...I saw him racing to the secret place, and he was SOBBING!
"Erm...guys...gimme a minute, will ya? I gotta go." I said.
"Why? Where you going? DON'T TELL ME YOU'RE-."
"Just gimme a sec." I said, and I ran to the secret place.
"So, happy?" I finally said to Lee. He lifted his head very quickly. He just shook his head in shame.
"What a shame. You dumping your best friend for a CHEAP, ROTTEN GIRL. How immature." I said, adding the weight to his guilt and shame. He nodded.
"Oh, well. Turns out no one ever liked you or cared about you than me. But you never thought of that. You never thought of how god gave you a person who loved you and cared for you. But you decided to get rid of it and replace it with a ROTTEN EGG. How shameful."
He nodded. Then there was this silence. Then he finally spoke,
"Sierra, I like you."
Ha! Even if I did feel touched and I DID like him, it was a bit too late for that, now.
"Oh, it's a bit too late for that now, don't you think? You can't just ask for a girlfriend and we hand one over to you on a silver platter. Sorry to break it to you, but that's not how life works." I said. And he didn't seem to have something to reply to. He knows I'm right. He just can't admit that he's wrong. That's what's bothering me. Remember when I admitted I was wrong to the principal (even if it was so fake) and we was just about to tell my PARENTS about me CHEATING on an exam? Well, he gave me a lollipop instead. That's how VALUABLE admitting wrongdoing is. If ONLY he could say that he was wrong!
"But, Sierra, I really do like you."
"But Lee, I really don't like you." I shot back.
"What? Can we at least be friends again? Please?" He begged.
"No. Not before you admit that what you did was stupid and wrong." I said, sternly.
"I admit. I was wrong and what I did was stupid. Now can we be friends again?" He said.
We locked eyes for a moment, and then he started to lean over.
He better not be-
He leaned over and over, and he was so close I could see a couple freckles on his face, and just when he closed his eyes, I immediately thought of Lucy's same position, and I pulled away.
"Sorry, I just really can't do this right now."  I sobbed. Tears started rolling down my cheeks.
"Why not?" He said.
"Because." I answered, and I quickly ran away, and left him there.
I just CAN'T. I REALLY CAN'T.