Chapter 15: I tripped!

It was finally Friday. I was super excited for the auditions. I was also pretty nervous. I really wanted to earn the role of Juliet. And I wanted a decent Romeo, if I ever do get the role of Juliet.
"Good morning class. Today is the day of auditions. Before we start, does anyone have a brief main summary of the novel?"
"Romeo instantly falls in love with Juliet. So Juliet could run away with Romeo, she drinks a poison that makes her look like she died. But Romeo misunderstands that and drinks a poison that actually kills him. When Juliet awakens to see Romeo dead, she stabs herself in the heart with Romeo's dagger." a kid in our class said.
The few people in the class who never actually heard of Romeo and Juliet before started have amazed expressions by how complicated Shakespearean novels truly are.
LIKE, WHY DID YOU KILL YOURSELF ROMEO?!?!?
Like they both could've live happily ever after together, but apparently they just decided that they could rather commit suicide.
LIKE AHHH!
Anyways, the teacher gave me some lines to act, and I was sooo excited, but also kinda nervous.
As I walked up the steps to the stage, I accidentally stepped on the laces of my shoes, and I fell with a loud
THUD!!!
"It's ok. I trip all the time." I pleaded, as the teacher started rushing towards me.
But I couldn't get up. My feet felt really sore and numb. I couldn't feel a thing!! It was like I never had legs.
"I'm sorry, Sierra. You're going to have to sit on the bench for now. But don't worry, I'll give you another role to act."
WHAT?!! NO!! I WANT THE ROLE OF JULIET!!
"BUT MISS-."
"I'm sorry, Sierra. Enough is enough."
I really wanted to just stand up and go, but my legs were just way too sore to go act out. And the thought of not acting Juliet just hit me like a ton of bricks. This made the pain even worse.
"Alright. We need a Romeo for now. Lee, you can go."
And he acted it out so beautifully, literal TEARS came out of my face. The way he said it, was just so relaxing, so realistic. Like he was the REAL Romeo.
"Wow! Lee, you've got some skills!! You really do!!!" the teacher exclaimed.
He answered with a smile.
"We already have the perfect Romeo right there!! All we need is a Juliet." she said.
"Hey, Lucy! Give it a try." she exclaimed.
She shook her head, saying, "Oh, miss! I really don't-."
"Just give it a try!"
"Fine."
She stepped onto the stage with a nervous look on her face.
AND WHY AM I NOT ON STAGE INSTEAD!!?!
"Hey, Lucy. Ready?" 'Romeo' said.
"Ready." 'Typical Juliet' said.
AAAHHHH!
Wait? Is that jealousy I sense? Step out of it, Sierra. What are you thinking?! Step out of it.
And I hate to admit, but Lucy made a great Juliet. But Lucy and Lee...
Nah. It's just a play. What are these thoughts creeping in my head?!
"Wow! You guys make a wonderful couple!" exclaimed the teacher.
EXCUSE ME?!
The two just blushed in embarrassment.
"Miss! Can't I-."
"No. I told you I'm giving you another role." she snapped.
It was finally break time. And I felt totally out of mood: I definitely didn't wanna see anyone's faces. Especially Lee's.
As I walked to the secret area, I encountered Lucy.
Jeez!
"Oh, hey Sierra. Jealous much?" she giggled.
"Just leave me alone. I'm really not in the mood right now."
"Awww, you're just jealous you're not with your little Romeo. But it's okay, since your legs are really sore, I can kiss him for you."
"WHAT?!" I exclaimed.
"Oops? Did I just give away my plan? Typical me." she snickered.
"You don't even like him!" I protested.
"And even if I did, this is a romantic story. How can a romantic story not have a kiss?"
"You are a total witch! And even if this is a story, he will never kiss a brat like you!"
"Wait a sec, do you like him? I mean, you can like him how you want, dreams are dreams. You could probably do whatever you want in your dreams. But in reality, I'm the president."
"You are such a WITCH!!"
"You say it like it's a bad thing!" she smiled.
Then she and her friends laughed like crazy.
I can't take this anymore.
I quickly rushed to my secret area, and I sobbed for a while. I've hidden my tears for quite a while now, and it felt so good to finally let it all out naturally. Just when I was halfway full in emptying my tears, I heard footsteps.
Of course, it was Lee. I don't even know about Lily and Molly anymore. It's like they're avoiding me now.
"Hey...Sierra! Are you okay?" asked Lee, with a worried look on his face.
I felt too embarrassed to show my face, since it's probably really ruined right now.
I just mumbled,
"No."  Then I wiped my nose with my sleeves, and hid my face under my legs.
"Why? Did someone do anything?" he asked again.
"No. I'm just really mad right now."
Then, he moved a bit more to my direction, (In a friendly way) and placed his right hand gently on my shoulders.
"Let it all out. Talk to me." he smiled.
"I wanted to act out the role of Juliet. I wanted you to be Romeo. It was gonna be so fun." I said fast.
Wait, did this come out the wrong way?!
"And why do you want me to be Romeo?" he giggled.
"Because you're so good at it." I replied.
"Really? You do realize that Romeo and Juliet kiss before the end of the play?"
Just when I heard the full sentence, I quickly stepped away from Lee.
"I didn't mean it like that." I said, my heart pounding fast.
I really didn't. I just wanted him to be Romeo since it was going to be fun. I never really took THAT point in mind.
"Ok, ok. I was just playing with you." he giggled.
"You can play with me. But don't play these sort of jokes on me." I said, sternly.
"Alright. I'm sorry. Just sit back down." he pleaded.
"Can you please just tell me the absolute truth?" he asked, a bit more seriously now.
"Er...ok." I said.
"Are you mad because Lucy took the place of Juliet?" he asked.
"Yes. I really wanted to be Juliet."
"Would you be happy if you took the place of Juliet?" he asked again.
"YES!!! But I know that this will never happen." I sighed.
"Alright. But even if you did take the role of Juliet, would you agree to do, the, you know?"
I looked over at him, and he gave me the most awkward smile. Then I raised an eyebrow.
"Why do you wanna know so bad?" I grinned.
"Meh." he grinned back.
"Okk..." I say doubtfully. Something's gotta be wrong with that guy.
"Anyway, consider a role of Juliet tomorrow."
"How are you going to-."
"Don't worry about that."
"Alright."
And I grinned so widely. This is just great.